Gilbert Melendez vs Ben Henderson should headline next Fox card

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
the next fox card is scheduled for April and Henderson is the only title holder who will be available. They could always put on a lesser card but Henderson isn't a big ppv draw, they already have their headliners for Ufc 158(Gsp vs Diaz), 159(Jones vs Chael) and 160/161 aren't until May/June and that's when Anderson, the JDS/Cain winner and Aldo/Edgar winners should return.

I'd think that with a strong undercard GIl vs Bendo should do even better ratings than Diaz vs Bendo did.

I agree since UFC 160 is too far away. They should headline Fox 7.

no events anounced between march 16th and April 20th though? They might wanna put an FX or Fuel card in between.

I think UFC Jones vs Sonnen should have been 160, there was enough space to put another ppv card before imo, with all the new great names available with SF folding...

I agree since UFC 160 is too far away. They should headline Fox 7.

no events anounced between march 16th and April 20th though? They might wanna put an FX or Fuel card in between.

I think UFC Jones vs Sonnen should have been 160, there was enough space to put another ppv card before imo, with all the new great names available with SF folding...

there probably will be a FX or Fuel card or both but there isn't going to be a ppv and Gil/Bendo obviously won't be on Fx/Fuel

Agreed 100%.

there probably will be a FX or Fuel card or both but there isn't going to be a ppv and Gil/Bendo obviously won't be on Fx/Fuel

I know this

so UFC on FOX 7

Gil vs bendo

AND

Mir vs Cormier

Its a shame that theres no other real contenders right now so Gilbert gets the shot. He should still have to fight Pat Healy.

why should he have to fight an unranked lw who should of lost to Mizuto Hirota?

I'm still upset FOX didn't show Henderson vs Guida at FOX 1.

But this could be a great fight especially if FOX bills it as champ vs champ.

Pettis/Bendo rematch > Melendez/Bendo

But hey, that's just me.

Yeah I agree, Fox card, late March/early April in San Jose headlined by Bendo vs. Gil and with a co-main event of Cung Le vs. Lombard.

Edit: Yeah Mir vs. Cormier sounds like a better co-main event but those three fights together on the Fox main card works too. Maybe Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy too.

Pettis should get the shot long before Melendez.

When it does happen Gil will be a relatively easy fight for Henderson.

There is a story with that fight.

Champ vs Champ
Bendo just beat Melendez's close friend and teammate.

I love Melendez gets shit on while Chandler is praised and put in the top 10 with only 10 fights
or

or a quick turn around fight Pettis vs Bendo

ya i really hope the UFC showcases some of the top SF guys on this card, the ratings might suffer a bit but it will be worth it especially if they have Cormier on the card.

I don't think it's a bad idea. It's not like they're afraid of using FOX to headline new guys in the company (remember Stann vs Lombard was UFC on FOX 4's proposed main event) and Melendez vs Henderson could do some good numbers. Still I think there's more money in a Pettis fight to be honest and I hope Pettis vs Bendo II happens before they do anything with Melendez.

I think/hope that Aldo vs the winner of Koch/Lamas is the UFC on FOX main event.

^Aldo needs to get by Edgar first and i doubt the winner fights again less then 3 months later.

That's a good point they could make that FOX card stacked

Also, marketing it as Champ vs Champ would be a great idea a lot of people not interested in the sport would get interested and watch I think

Back