Gilbert Melendez: "Fighting Eddie Alvarez Is On My Mind Right Now."

I feel after giving Eddie that big ass contract, they don't wanna see him go 0-2 and will give him a feature fight where he's set up to get the HL reel KO. But I could be wrong, I mean they did book him with Bendo after getting pummeled by Cowboy. I'd rather see Eddie build himself back up against someone like Jim Miller.

Well, that fat contract should be an indicator that he is somewhat proven as the former Bellator champ, so it makes sense they only put him in big fights to rake in the cash. Why risk someone like Chiesa choking him out. Look at Overeem.

Make it happen. Was supposed to happen a while back but it could never work out. They're now in the same org and need a fight.

Dooo itt

wtf with these new people coming in

its not because it goes to a decision that a fight is boring bro

ce022-5.gif

Great fight, foty potential right there, make it happen! Needs to be a 5 rounder, the main event of a Fight Night or Fight Pass card. I think Gilbert takes it, but it would be some toe to toe action no doubt.

Why Alvarez? Why not get revenge against Pettis?

Pettis beat him and made it look easy; it's not like it was a close fight so that he can make case for a direct rematch. Beating someone like Alvarez, or even having an epic war with him, will throw him right back into title contention though.

Bellator Champ vs Strikeforce Champ. Would be a great fight.

Back