Gilbert Burns vs. Rashid Magomedov @ UFC Fight Night Sao Paulo

this is an A level fight and should be the main event. everything good about the ufc right here. two elite contenders fighting each other, rather than some nonsense bullshit buildup.

I got Burns by TKO, rd 2.

Burns almost lost his last fight to the brazillian cowboy. Alex Oliveira got a lot of shots in on Burns in the fist 2 rounds. Oliveira was actually up 2 rounds to 0 going into the 3rd and Burns would have lost the fight if he didn't get the 3rd round sub. Against an even more dangerous guy in Magomedov on the feet Burns is going to be in trouble. Magomedov's ground game is better than Burns standup.

Magomedov TKO Round 2.

I don't see rashid tapping

1-1.gif

I am looking forward to some of this though

PowerfulUltimateBackswimmer.gif

Rashid%2BMagomedov%2BFinishes%2BElias%2BSilverio%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B58%2BBarueri.gif

Eventually! Rashid by ko. Burns looked pretty hopeless vs Brazilian Cowboy when striking. I am willing to bet that Rashid is a better striker than about 80% of the division.

Eventually! Rashid by ko. Burns looked pretty hopeless vs Brazilian Cowboy when striking. I am willing to bet that Rashid is a better striker than about 80% of the division.

Agreed. Rashid is a sleeper.

I want to know how he gets so much power in a lead leg round kick, I can't help but feel he feels off balance/awkward. He has such a good understanding of distance.

I want to know how he gets so much power in a lead leg round kick, I can't help but feel he feels off balance/awkward. He has such a good understanding of distance.

I'm not sure. I'm not in a position to critique striking xD I just love watching him fight because everything seems so fluid to me.

Finally rashid gets another fight. Burns is a great prospect but he will get decisioned here imo

Great fight

I like Burns, but I love Rashid. Rashid has excellent TDD and Burns' striking is abysmal compared to Magomedov's. I see Rashid getting taken down once, but avoids danger and gets back up, he then proceeds to box Burns to a 29-28 UD or late T/KO.

I don't see rashid tapping

1-1.gif

What a tough motherfucker!

I like Burns, but I love Rashid. Rashid has excellent TDD and Burns' striking is abysmal compared to Magomedov's. I see Rashid getting taken down once, but avoids danger and gets back up, he then proceeds to box Burns to a 29-28 UD or late T/KO.

What a tough motherfucker!

That's pretty much exactly how I see the fight going. I see a very competitive round one, and then Rashid taking over.

Master of Sports in Boxing
Master of Sports in Hand-to-hand combat
National Master of Sports in Combat Sambo
National Master of Sports in Army hand-to-hand fight

Rashid is a tough guy, should win.

Rashid via UD. If Burns can't get the takedown, he's going to get picked apart.

2 questions:

- What took them so long to book Rashid ?
- Why the fuck does he always fights in Brazil ?

2 questions:

- What took them so long to book Rashid ?
- Why the fuck does he always fights in Brazil ?

I've been wondering the same things since january.

Rashid derails another overrated Brazilian in his home country like he did with Silverio

Magomedov puts an end to another Brazilian's undefeated streak. The brazilian cowboy was having success on the feet against burns and Magomedov's striking is far better. Not only that but Magomedov has amazing TDD.

Rashid via decision or third round finish. I was really hoping Rashid would get someone a little higher up the ladder. At least he finally has a fight booked. I have no idea why he's only fighting once this year.

I agree. My first thought was: if cowboy oliveira outstruck him and dominated him for 2 rounds,rashid will win easily

Badass fight. Winner becomes a fringe contender, Rashid will win IMO.

Back