Media Gilbert Burns targeting Nate Diaz

Yea i hear on most of that..but using marcelo as a bench mark is just insane as there will never be a marcelo again...the guy was phenom...did shit no1 else will...burns gets slapped by marcelo and so does nate...prime for prime

I understand im.dealing with unknowns and it makes me seem off base versus a guy like burns who did win worlds... I just dont think it would be such a stretch that could of been world champions if they went that route instead of being interested in NHB fighting and then MMA...

in 2011 (since that's when marcelo vs victor happened), the champions were: rafael mendes, marcelo garcia, andre galvao, dean lister, vinny magalhaes. do you see what i mean? you could use any other ADCC champion to make the same point, really.

the point is, gilbert burns has actually won the mundials. he's also won nogi worlds, and while that isn't nearly as prestigious, he won the 2013 one by beating lo, who is himself a jiu jitsu phenom. durinho has also actually medaled at ADCC in 2015. he fucking kills nate or nick, under any ruleset. and that's in no way criticism of the diaz bros.

Gilberto would beat Diaz without any doubt.
Only Usman and Colby should be considered a good challenge.

Gilbert should try calling out an active fighter instead

I dont think so...the diaz bros where to busy chasing mma titles to go for bjj ones but if they did they would be mundial or adcc champions or top contenders...there basically gracies.. They roll. With and studied under two different heads of gracie jiujitsu carl and hickson ...they grapple with kron all the time

lmfao, no

How do you figure...kron is a world champion and they roll with him everyday and are very close to the gracie family...a family full of champions...you really think they wouldnt be at the top if they went that route earlier in there life? Or now...

Nate submitted ryan hall with ease under 5 mins... Made him look like a bum the guy who rolling leg locked ( imanari roll) Bj penn

jesus stop posting dumb shit. That match was a trillón years ago, and Ryan uli’s half the size of Nate.

Rolling with top people doesn’t automatically make you adcc mundiales winner, do you have any clue on how many people roll day and night with kron?

lol, what? they'd get clowned, and badly.

they are very good on the ground, but mundials champions make very good opponents look like white belts.

durinho isn't what he once was in BJJ, but he still mops the floor with nate. easily.
Right and I believe Burns beat Kron so I'm pretty sure he'd beat Nate as well.

Right and I believe Burns beat Kron so I'm pretty sure he'd beat Nate as well.
yeah, burns is the reason kron isn't a mundials champion.

but really, even if kron had won that match, durinho would still be light years ahead of diaz bros. most mma fans don't know how good he is because he now does a lot more stand up, but durinho is a beast when it comes to grappling. he's a world class athlete, on par with many other big names in bjj.

I hope not to be honest as they're two of my favourite fighters.

1)you dont just fall off it cuz you dont compete as hard as u use too...

2)hes still elite just not as young

1) You do fall off when you don't compete. That's the exact thing that happens. There's a reason no one is talking about the Tyson comeback saying "He'll probably be even better after 20 years on the couch.

2) Only young people are elite. A 33 year old winning the ADCC would be in the top 5 oldest ever. Penn is 41 and hasn't subbed anyone in competition in a decade. Is he still technical? Sure. Is he elite? No, there is absolutely NOTHING we've seen in the past decade to substantiate that claim. Penn was at his peak one of the best to ever compete in either sport, but that was a very long time ago.

Last edited:
Nate as somehow become a money fight at this stage of his career, Gilbert
Wants to make big ducats not rusty sheckles.

Nate "The Diva" Diaz will surely duck this match, while saying something along the "You are not a real fighter" or "They think they know the stuff, but they don't, 100%, shit ain't real, gangsters my ass, motherfuckers", or some other stupid shit like that.
If he accepts, though, I will happily eat my crow.

Im too much of a noob in BJJ to make a prediction but hey, why not

Diaz couldnt beat Burns in hopscotch.

why not call wonderboy, Diaz is not even top 10

if he wants nate i dont want to hear him bitch when someone else gets a title shot over him. whether its colby, leon, whoever

Man, Durinho literally can rape weedhead Nate on the ground. So why should Nate pay 200K to be raped unless he's a fookin gay? Why? Clueless

Back