Gil and Sanchez weigh in

Gil is a good fighter I don't think top 5 like most people think but should be a fun fight..Diego will bring it..it's a toss up!

Sure. I am no troll (I hope.) I think it will be a great fight. I just don't think it's as even a match-up as you do.

You never sounded like a troll at all man. Yep, I still believe, in any Diego fight, there's always a chance for FOTN or bonuses. This was actually the 2nd fight I'm more excited after the main event, I won't mind seeing Gil winning too. The Bendo fight was really heartbreaking for him

I think it will be FOTN
I could certainly see this. I think Gil has everything necessary to beat Sanchez but they're both so damn tough that it's unlikely we'll see a finish. Can't fuckin' wait.

Also given how close Melendez's fight with Bendo was I don't really see how anyone can say he isn't one of the 3 best lightweights in the world (along with Bendo and Pettis).
I just don't think it's as even a match-up as you do.
Me neither. Gil definitely has the advantage in striking and I don't see Diego taking him down. Sanchez's only victories by submission in the big show are via strikes anyway so I don't even think he really poses a submission threat. However, Diego just won't stop coming forward, and he's only ever been stopped once by a truly brutal cut, which is why I think it's certainly at least an interesting match-up.

Last edited:
I like both fighters. Outside of a gifted decision or punchers chance, i cant see him winning this fight. He's not outstriking Gil and doubt he could get him down.

Diego fighting this emotional is not productive.

No way in hell is he getting inside Gil's head.

Really looking foward to this fight, but I have to go with Gil in this one.

I like both fighters. Outside of a gifted decision or punchers chance, i cant see him winning this fight. He's not outstriking Gil and doubt he could get him down.

Diego fighting this emotional is not productive.

No way in hell is he getting inside Gil's head.

There is no way Gilbert gets KO'd, that isn't happening. If there is any advantage Sanchez has, it may be in bjj, but even still I dont see him tapping Melendez.

This will be a blockbuster fight and gilbert's taking it.

it's really a shame diego's nickname isn't "the dirty"

That would be epic! We should twitter petition him to change it. With enough votes he'd have to please the fans. The fans want blood, and a funny nickname!!!

This is the fight I'm the most excited for! War Gilbert!

Rooting for Sanchez. This fight has fotn written all over it.

Back