Media Giga Chikadze: "The UFC called me to replace Max, now we're waiting for Yair"

Do you think Yair will accept to fight Giga?

• Total voters
Giga is overrated and Yair is underrated.

One is 32 and struggled against Irwin Riviera, granted Swanson was a good win but Cub hasn't beaten anyone actually good for about 7 or 8 years.. The other one is 28 and has some actual good wins against Hooker, Fili, KZ and Jeremy Stephens.

Yair shouldn't be afraid.

Giga did better against Rivera then Riveras sisters

He struggled against wee Irwin who came in last minute replacement, and then taunted him because he couldn't do anything and was frustrated.

He dominated that fight you idiot. There's nothing remotely questionable about my statement.

He dominated that fight you idiot. There's nothing remotely questionable about my statement.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Go and watch it instead of looking at score cards on websites.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Go and watch it instead of looking at score cards on websites.

OK you just edited this message so I will respond to that too. I did watch the fight, live and maybe once or twice after actually and there is no way you could possibly see Giga not clearly winning and more to the point he didn't break a sweat doing it either. I re-iterate, Giga dominated that fight. To claim otherwise is simply delusional.

It'd be a step down from max, but Yair didn't exactly deserve that fight to begin with. If anything Giga makes more sense as an opponent for him

It's not about what Yair deserves. The UFC has clearly had enough of the guy and is looking to book him against a really bad match up.

He's going to be fighting in Combate Americas or ONE within 18 months.

OK you just edited this message so I will respond to that too. I did watch the fight, live and maybe once or twice after actually and there is no way you could possibly see Giga not clearly winning and more to the point he didn't break a sweat doing it either. I re-iterate, Giga dominated that fight. To claim otherwise is simply delusional.
He won every round and still struggled against a tiny wee Mexican criminal on short notice... The flashy kicks looked embarrassing and didn't work much at all, Irwin was jumping over his shit, and then he decided to showboat and taunt because he knew he was frustrated... There was no domination in that fight of any kind, just a surprising 5 ft 6 Mexican Criminal putting up more of a fight than many expected on such short notice and lots of missed kicks from 6 ft Giga..

Giga is 32 and has losses against Austin Springer and Gil Guarado, he struggled against Irwin and in some of his other fights he won by split decision... Get's 2 good finishes in a row against so so competition and somehow is a huge prospect deserving of a top 5 fight.. Not a chance.. Even his kickboxing record isn't great, Wiki shows 20 Kickboxing fights with 8 losses.

He won every round and struggled against a tiny wee Mexican criminal on short notice... The flashy kicks looked embarrassing and didn't work much at all, Irwin was jumping over his shit, and then he decided to showboat and taunt because he knew he was frustrated... There was no domination in that fight of any kind, just a surprising 5 ft 6 Mexican Criminal putting up more of a fight than many expected on such short notice and lots of missed kicks from 6 ft Giga..

Giga is 32 and has losses against Austin Springer and Gil Guarado, he struggled against Irwin and in some of his other fights he won by split decision... Get's 2 good finishes in a row against so so competition and somehow is a huge prospect deserving of a top 5 fight.. Not a chance.. Even his kickboxing record isn't great, Wiki shows 20 Kickboxing fights with 8 losses.

I'm not sure why you're so deadset on bigging up a Mexican can but the fact of the matter is by every conceivable metric you could use to score that fight Giga dominated. He outstruck Riviera every round while never once coming close to being in danger and even came close to finishing the fight in the third round. The only thing Riviera showed in that fight was a chin and the fact Giga felt comfortable enough to taunt an opponent while striking with him shows the degree to which Riviera was outclassed. Those losses were also long ago and Giga is 6-0 in the UFC now which is all that counts. Giga takes this fight and beats every other Mexican fighter in his division or the ones immediately above or below it with the same ease with which he beat Swanson, Morales and Riviera.

How long is Max going to be out? I really wanted to see him fight Yair. Hopefully if it isn't too long, they can just reschedule like they did with Diaz/Edwards.

I'm not sure why you're so deadset on bigging up a Mexican can but the fact of the matter is by every conceivable metric you could use to score that fight Giga dominated. He outstruck Riviera every round while never once coming close to being in danger and even came close to finishing the fight in the third round. The only thing Riviera showed in that fight was a chin and the fact Giga felt comfortable enough to taunt an opponent while striking with him shows the degree to which Riviera was outclassed. Those losses were also long ago and Giga is 6-0 in the UFC now which is all that counts. Giga takes this fight and beats every other Mexican fighter in his division or the ones immediately above or below it with the same ease with which he beat Swanson, Morales and Riviera.
I'm not bigging him up, I went in impartial and Giga won no fan out of me with his taunting shit and 1 dimensional gameplan.. Giga won the fight, no denying he did out strike him, he struggled though considering he had a full camp and was a giant compared to him and a massive favourite. 6-0 against unranked competition and has been gifted 10th place in the rankings... Yair need not be afraid, even 14th ranked Shane Burgos need not be afraid.

I'm not bigging him up, I went in impartial and Giga won no fan out of me with his taunting shit and 1 dimensional gameplan.. Giga won the fight, no denying he did out strike him, he struggled though considering he had a full camp and was a giant compared to him and a massive favourite. 6-0 against unranked competition and has been gifted 10th place in the rankings... Yair need not be afraid, even 14th ranked Shane Burgos need not be afraid.

He didn't struggle. Just try and point to a part where Giga was ever remotely in danger in that fight but you won't because you can't. Just because he didn't finish Riviera doesn't mean he struggled with him and if Yair takes this fight Giga wins again. BTW Giga smashed Cub while Burgos had to eke out a decision against him so there's actually more objective reason to favour Giga in that fight than Burgos who gets smacked every time he faces legit competition. I know it's MMAths but then this whole conversation is MMAths.

Zero chance. zero! A contender fight against a popular fighter and the clear number one contender behind the champ. Or a dangerous up and comer that nobody knows. That’s a tough choice.

He didn't struggle. Just try and point to a part where Giga was ever remotely in danger in that fight but you won't because you can't. Just because he didn't finish Riviera doesn't mean he struggled with him and if Yair takes this fight Giga wins again. BTW Giga smashed Cub while Burgos had to eke out a decision against him so there's actually more objective reason to favour Giga in that fight than Burgos who gets smacked every time he faces legit competition. I know it's MMAths but then this whole conversation is MMAths.
I never said he was in danger, Yoel struggled against Izzy and was never in danger.. It means jack shit... He was gifted Irwin and gifted most of his other matchups, if his kick's don't work he's got no plan B and starts taunting in frustration.. Let's see how Giga does against someone legit himself, he's only fought cans or people at the end of there careers thus far and people think he's a legit belt prospect lol. Bryce Mitchell would tear his legs off.

I think Yair should take this. With Zabit getting pulled off in the ranks due to inactivity and refusing fights, I think Yair is in the risk of being released if he refused this fight IF ever Max will be out for a long period of time. As of now there's no update yet on how long Max will be out.
Zabit has medical issues, he’s not refusing fights and he wasn’t pulled of because he’s turning down fights. He has a diaphragm issue that is potentially career ending.

If I was Yair, I wouldn't take that risk to lose your chance to fighting a legend like Max Holloway. And possibly losing that fight and never get that shot again. I'd rather wait until Holloway is ready.

I think he takes it, Yair's been in slightly hot water lately so it's probably in his best interests to keep the UFC appeased

I never said he was in danger, Yoel struggled against Izzy and was never in danger.. It means jack shit... He was gifted Irwin and gifted most of his other matchups, if his kick's don't work he's got no plan B and starts taunting in frustration.. Let's see how Giga does against someone legit himself, he's only fought cans or people at the end of there careers thus far and people think he's a legit belt prospect lol. Bryce Mitchell would tear his legs off.
Damn rights, despite getting some nice finishes in his last two, i didn’t forget how fucking terrible he looked against Emmers and Davis.

Back