[GIFS] Jon Jones is the most complete fighter in the world

GSP is 31 while Jones has not even hit his prime. He has done much more than GSP at a younger age. When Jones is 31 we can then compare the two but until then all we can say is that Jones has done more at a younger age.

Bones is a certified assassin but lets not get crazy with all this accomplishment talk. GSP is currently on a very long streak, is the greatest Welter of all time, might break Anderson's streak records, won 33 consecutive rounds, has the most takedowns in UFC history, etc. etc. etc.

I hate the comparison because both are truly exceptional but if you think Bones has accomplished more I think you need to go evaluate George's career. At the rate GSP is going he is going to hold the longest list of UFC records by the end of his career unless Bones goes for a VERY long time without losing.

You seem VERY shook.

Oh don't worry that is giving off the wrong impression - not surprisingly seeing how you seem to have your troubles with reality
it's the exact opposite actually I greatly enjoy deconstructing idiotic arguments in between fights, troll or not gotta stay sharp :icon_lol:

give me another please

that is what is scary as hell actually, he is only 26. :eek:

In terms of this thread, I approve. Hard to argue with the harsh reality that bones uses about every offensive and defensive technique you can name and he uses them at that right time and in the right situation. I suppose he could lose tonight but I'm betting he beats the piss out of Gus.

His offense is awesome (except for his boxing game and lack of KO power in the standup). It's his defense mostly that hurts him for the most well-rounded/complete fighter title. His BJJ defense is still quite suspect as Vitor showed. Jones admitted himself that he has a loooong way to go with BJJ defense and that it's "my weakness", his own words. His striking defense is also very bad, it can be seen when guys like Lyoto have been able to temporarily get around his reach. When he's fighting in close range he's shown that he also has no answer for pressure fighters like Rampage after overcommitting to a strike. Instead of knowing how to block, slip, parry, dodge or roll with the punches, he instead retreats either straight back (a flaw) or he just runs away. What's more? He doesn't even attempt to counter THEIR counters.

10.gif

Jones also doesn't circle as much as he should be doing or using half decent footwork to cut angles and stay on the balls of his feet. GSP circles well and is almost always on the balls of his feet so he can quickly dart in and exit (with his jab etc).

GSP's great but how can you be in consideration for best in the world when you don't finish anyone?

GSP beats his opponents.

Jones destroys them.

And yet, by the end of his career GSP is probably going to hold a ridiculous number of UFC records. He also has faced more top competition that any champion in history.

Oh don't worry that is giving off the wrong impression - not surprisingly seeing how you seem to have your troubles with reality
it's the exact opposite actually I greatly enjoy deconstructing idiotic arguments in between fights, troll or not gotta stay sharp :icon_lol:

give me another please

Yep, you're shook.

GSP isn't anywhere near > than Jones.

Cut that shit out.

that's not true.

GSP is pretty close, just a little hard to see with the great Jon Jones standing above him.

Yep, you're shook.

the only thing I shook was your argument, son

don't worry I am not going to bully you any further, let's just celebrate Jones' greatness a bit more! Hope you'll enjoy the fight as much as I will

just a little hard to see with the great Jon Jones standing above him.

Lol,

Dont let some crybaby take away from your thread about jones. The problem on sherdog is you have these posters who get insecure anytime something positive is said about jones and need to lash out in tantrums and this is case and point with the Dale Boca cartoon.

Enjoy the thread and dont waste your time with the guy.

meh he's been fighting bums

My thoughts exactly. Let's see him move up. At least Anderson has, shit Chael and Vitor did too! Jones just needs to be quiet and fight so we can just enjoy the show.

more like most physically gifted fighter right now

It's hard for me to like a guy who punches like a woman. Then says he can beat klit broz

Back