[GIFS] Jon Jones is the most complete fighter in the world

He's pretty awesome... but he's also a huge LHW. I honestly don't care if Gus or him win because it's two cruiserweights pretending to be 205lbs.

I'm NOT saying Jones isn't a crazy-good talent. But look at him on top of 230lbs-Sonnen and Machida.... they practically vanish under him. It's not just him being tall. He cuts like a boss. And as impressive as it is... it irks me that guys do it.

*also, his punching is NOT good.

Anderson is a big MW but nobody doubts his greatness.

He's pretty awesome... but he's also a huge LHW. I honestly don't care if Gus or him win because it's two cruiserweights pretending to be 205lbs.

I'm NOT saying Jones isn't a crazy-good talent. But look at him on top of 230lbs-Sonnen and Machida.... they practically vanish under him. It's not just him being tall. He cuts like a boss. And as impressive as it is... it irks me that guys do it.

And thats were it all fails for you. Cause Jones cut is not abnormal for 205, and is making weight easier than ever. Was 219 3 weeks ago.

I agree. Jon's easily the most well-rounded righter in the world.

GSP used to be.

Cain's very well-rounded himself, but he doesn't emphasize submissions like Jon does, and Jon uses more kicks, more often, than does Mr. Velasquez.

Jones is the best fighter 205lbs and under right now, I still can't stand his personality. Which is unfortunate, he would have a fan if he didn't act the way he does.

Anderson is a big MW but nobody doubts his greatness.

Actually I pointed it out a few times. I mean, I fight a lost cause because I think these men need to stop ALL cutting weight, and just fight at their appropriate weights. We're all being cheated as fans since Ando/Sonnen/Marquardt/Weidman should all be LHW when in camp shape before cuts. Meanwhile, Davis/Jones/Gus/Tex/Bader are all Cruiserweight but fear the heavies.

It's obnoxious and fights like Tex vs Bader show what happens to guys who cut hard. Tex looked bad due to a bad cut.

Wish they'd go back to Pride FC weight classes.

And thats were it all fails for you. Cause Jones cut is not abnormal for 205, and is making weight easier than ever. Was 219 3 weeks ago.

jonjones_crop_north.jpg

That's a dehydrated man.

Some great gifs there.....although I wouldnt he is the most complete fighter.....you can really make this kind of arguement for many guys out there, not all of them are world class though. speaking of the best I would say that GSP is more complete then Jones is. Jon isnt really someone that has developed his skills to be on par with a GSP......but what makes Jon so successful...is that he does 3 things that matter most.....very very well at the highest level. 1. Takedowns both offense and defense 2. GNP and control 3. His striking defence.

Yep. Spinning elbows, jumping knees and oblique kicks prove he's versatile, dynamic and among the elite strikers in the sport :rolleyes:

Some great gifs there.....although I wouldnt he is the most complete fighter.....you can really make this kind of arguement for many guys out there. I would say that GSP is more complete then Jones is. Jon isnt really someone that has developed his skills to be on par with a GSP......but what makes Jon so successful...is that he does 3 things that matter most.....very very well. 1. Takedowns both offense and defense 2. GNP and control 3. His striking defence.

GSP is 31 while Jones has not even hit his prime. He has done much more than GSP at a younger age. When Jones is 31 we can then compare the two but until then all we can say is that Jones has done more at a younger age.

It's still St. Pierre, imo, but, Jonny Boy is pretty damn great in his own right.

if only all threads in the heavies were like this.

great job ts. props.

GSP is 31 while Jones has not even hit his prime. He has done much more than GSP at a younger age. When Jones is 31 we can then compare the two but until then all we can say is that Jones has done more at a younger age.

Jones also had the benefit of timing, but, it's only natural.

Jones has done more at a younger age? He hasn't done shit compared to gsp till he starts fighting in his real weight class. I would not be impressed if gsp cheated to make 155 thus I am not impresses that Jones has cheating chicken legs without giving up any strength and is able to make 205

Just because something looks cool to you, DOES NOT make it an effective move in Mixed Martial Arts.

Boom! Drop the mic and walk off stage....

Jones has done more at a younger age? He hasn't done shit compared to gsp till he starts fighting in his real weight class. I would not be impressed if gsp cheated to make 155 thus I am not impresses that Jones has cheating chicken legs without giving up any strength and is able to make 205
LOL, that some funny shit right there...good god, the ignorance

the greatness of this thread fits its subject

although I don't like the lack of sidekick to the body gifs. Actually his whole kicking game is a little underrepresented, that's probably what I am most looking forward to see tonight!

GSP>Jonathan Jones, and it's not even close.

You're high. Don't post bullshit made up #s. Sonnen weighed 211 for that fight and jones was 217. Kindly stfu. Jones weighed 204.5 yesterday, officially making him a LHW. Take your ignorant statements and sit on them.

Back