[GIF] The crucial moment where Alex loses the belt

Lol. Act like I'm a fanboy. It makes you feel better I'm sure. In the end I didnt care who won the fight because it was close. IMO rounds 1-3 were toss ups, and 4 and 5 jones clearly dominated.

15 seconds at the end of the round and winding up on your back isn't domination, it's desperation.

Yup. Crazy round. It is amazing Gus was able to stand after that blow, albeit not very well. He never recovered from that strike for the rest of the fight. Jones definitely won the fight with that strike, props.

I don't see any other fighter in the LHW division surviving that to be honest. Gus's fight IQ to run instead of turtling like every other fighter in that position is something that truly can't be taught.

But yeah, unfortunately it still lost him that round and therefore the fight.

Hendo,Shogun,Rampage to name a few

Look at the gif, he's clearly not as hurt as all the Jones fans are making it seem

Nowhere near close to getting finished and was mounting offence

Not gonna lie, when watching the fight at the bar i truly thought that jones had him a little worse and for a more extended period of time. Seeing the timer on the gif i actually don't agree with the judges at all. Ya he rocked Gus but gus defended himself and defended the takedowns. Gus 1,2,4

Bingo. Perception is seldom reality around these parts.

That didn't almost finish Gus he stuffed a takedown in the process and then caught the knee and put jones on the mat face first

Jones Never quit. He deserved the win and will take the rematch with a finish.

wait, was that gus running across the ring? Oh, nevermind, he's a viking so let's just choose to ignore it.

That was the first the second was when he was taken down in the fifth round. Before that elbow he was really connecting with head punches.

Gus was so hurt he was unable to do anything in the 5th. Take off your fanboy hat. Realize jones won the last two rounds

lol what? here are some gifs in round 5, it wasn't till like three minutes in round 5 where gus showed exhaustion ( put his hands on his hip) understandable for being in his first 5 round fight.

3t0g9.gif

3t07h.gif

3t0ds.gif

3t08l_1.gif

3t073.gif

but my gosh, he looks so wobbly from the damage in round 4!
:icon_neut

also, round five was jones for sure, but saying that gus was so injured in round 4 that he couldn't get going in round 5 is clearly incorrect * points to gifs*

Last edited:
Back