[GIF] The crucial moment where Alex loses the belt

Because he was on queer street, sure he was standing but he was a zombie at that point. If that round was 30 seconds longer he was done for..

Gus had Jones back at the end of round 5. If the fight went 30 seconds longer he would have submitted Jones with a reverse bear hug.

No point in saying what ifs when it comes to the round ending when they were 5 feet removed from each other at the end of the 4th after Gus survived Jon's barrage, and his wrestling afterwards.

Too bad that Gus didn't finish what could have been a TD with a few seconds left in the round... ending up on top could have salvaged the round for him...

37 seconds makes you win a round? 4:23 minutes when mastered, a scumbag of decision

That cost him the fight in many opinions.

Because he was on queer street, sure he was standing but he was a zombie at that point. If that round was 30 seconds longer he was done for..

Well there was no 30 more seconds, and who knows what would have happened. Gus threw him to the ground as soon as the round ended. Gus seemed to recover quickly.

A 7 second flurry a stuffed td attempt, two follow up elbows, and a stuffed flying knee attempt should not give you the round. This wasn't even like Rampage/Griffin round 1 where Forrest dominated but got knocked down at the end, Alex never went down.

37 secs left on the 4:th. Alex is picking Jon apart and landing shot after shot. For a moment it looks like he's about to run away with it like he did against Shogun in the 3:rd. And then...

plI8B1.gif

"If only". I bet he must be going through this sequence in his mind once or twice in the coming months. Ouch.

Amazing heart to stop the TD and throw Jon to the mat at the end though.

Nothing big even happens in this gif anyways, one nice shot is landed and Alex tries to create distance while still managing to stuff take downs from Jon Jones.

You guys are incredible, I said it before, the closest either fighter came to getting finished is when the doctor stopped the fight and Jones had to beg to let it continue.

Gus still 1,2,3 but this is a lesson for him, Jones is 1 dimensional in his striking, at that point he was desperate and just spamming those. All Gus had to do was be patient and keep a distance, I don't blame him for being aggressive and he did have that edge the whole round but that was an avoidable fluke elbow.

I love that even though Gus was nearly finished Jones couldn't take him down.

Gus is a monster. Can't believe how strong this guy is. Jones tried a few times to outmuscle him and take him down, but he couldn't.

Almost finished him? He avoided nearly every strike after the elbow, stuffed a takedown, and almost landed his own takedown.

You're overdoing it.

Which is why I maintain that Gus won the round. You can't win a round based off of getting your ass thoroughly kicked for 4 minutes and 15 seconds then land one strike that people think may have kind of hurt your opponent and do little else for the remainder of the round except get your punches blocked and your takedowns stuffed.

Gus 1 3 4

jones didnt even land 10 strikes in the whole gif, and got his ass tossed to the ground.

jones didnt even land 10 strikes in the whole gif, and got his ass tossed to the ground.

That's dumb.

He landed an elbow that visibly hurt Gus, landed another standing elbow, a knee and a flying knee.

What else do you expect in a 10-20 seconds gif?

That's dumb.

He landed an elbow that visibly hurt Gus, landed another standing elbow, a knee and a flying knee.

What else do you expect in a 10-20 seconds gif?

You want to believe that these knees got there, but you know you have to push things quite a little.

Jones did manage to come up with a decent, clean elbow that got Gus in a dire situation, and also an additional elbow that haven't made that much damage, but landed clean.
I guess it's pretty much how much you rate that moment in place of 4:something minutes of the other guy winning, but winning just by a slight margin.

For me, Jones won that round mainly because Gus wasn't winning the round by a clear margin.

Round 4 was a great round regardless of who won. Tons of sweet, sweet action.

Back