GIF request: Garbrandt knocking Cruz down then pointing and laughing

Lil Platinum McGregor, coming to a P4P list near you.

He might have been able to finish the fight if he had followed up with offense instead of taunting.

i thought that it was a much better to win that way, it was like saying i'm going to give you as many chances as you need to get back up but in the end you're just going to get put down again

i thought that it was a much better to win that way, it was like saying i'm going to give you as many chances as you need to get back up but in the end you're just going to get put down again
Kind of how Silva clowned Maia but much more effective.

Lil Platinum McGregor, coming to a P4P list near you.
Cody has power in both hands but they both have insane reflexes right now and insane timing. Cody has legit wrestling as well but I'm a fan of both. They had the two true masterpieces of 2016. I don't mean fight of the night that would imply parity. Even with Cruz winning 2 and 5 cody styled on him. Maybe throw Lando in there with the effortless looking wheelkick KO.

I understand this notion, as well. I actually loved the Maia/Anderson fight. It was domination in mockery.

However, Anderson was already a legend, at that point, already had the greatest HL reel of all time on lock, Maia had literally no options. He didn't even belong in there.

Not so much for Cody and Cruz. That fight was still very contested. I would not count out Cruz in a rematch. Cody still has a resume to build, and a finish over Dom would have done wonders for it.

He might have been able to finish the fight if he had followed up with offense instead of taunting.

This is quite possible, but I think Garbrandt was trying very hard to keep his emotions in check. Trash talk aside, he showed a lot of poise in that fight. I think he was so focused on staying patient that he didn't push hard for the finish when opportunities arose.

i'm looking forward to the rematch, i hope both can improve even further

I understand this notion, as well. I actually loved the Maia/Anderson fight. It was domination in mockery.

However, Anderson was already a legend, at that point, already had the greatest HL reel of all time on lock, Maia had literally no options. He didn't even belong in there.

Not so much for Cody and Cruz. That fight was still very contested. I would not count out Cruz in a rematch. Cody still has a resume to build, and a finish over Dom would have done wonders for it.
Yep if Dom made Cody come to him it would have been a different fight. He fought unlike he usually does. Turned out Cody got to Dom. Dom wanted the KO.

Garbrandt was a lot better than I expected. He doesn't appeal to me all that much, but his fights are always exciting.

This is quite possible, but I think Garbrandt was trying very hard to keep his emotions in check. Trash talk aside, he showed a lot of poise in that fight. I think he was so focused on staying patient that he didn't push hard for the finish when opportunities arose.
This is a reasonable point, and one I hadn't considered.

Yeah to some extent people forget Cody was winning on the feet why risk diving into a guard. He was winning on the feet why not keep it there.

i wont lie, i thought cruz would edge a dec. i am very happy cody won. what a fight! cody looked like a special fighter out there. cruz is amazing, so the way cody performed against him says a lot about cody's future. cody has a very high ceiling. id love to see a rematch just to see cruz get dominated again. i really enjoyed it!

i wont lie, i thought cruz would edge a dec. i am very happy cody won. what a fight! cody looked like a special fighter out there. cruz is amazing, so the way cody performed against him says a lot about cody's future. cody has a very high ceiling. id love to see a rematch just to see cruz get dominated again. i really enjoyed it!
Yeah it was a great fight people are sleeping on Cruz popping up everytime he got dropped like a Zombie. Also Cruz with the knee surgeries has lost a step. I know he has I have felt it firsthand. But I think Dom chased cody which is not his usual style. And then had to continue because he was down on rounds.

Back