GIF of the DC slams

Speaking of Fedor and Donkey Kong slams...

randleman-suplexes-fedor-o.gif

Propably that trick doesnt work against knife or gun. So he couldnt do shit on the street.

you dont think wealthy pro athletes have an armed guard? or carry themselves

The ease of completing those takedowns was impressive. One of the most impressive outings I've ever seen

Someone get the DC slam against Soa Palelei. It is his most impressive slam, more impressive than Barnett.

@5:15

After 2nd watch, I think the Barnett slam is still number one. Still impressive though

Here's a gif for those watching on their phones

2ik8gbb.gif

Beautiful sambo transitions. Wrestlers can learn a lot from sambo guys about striking/grappling transitions.

It's great that you point that out. The transitions from one technique to another not only set Fedor above the rest but it was also that he had no holes in his armor when moving form one to the other.

IMO the technological system of Combat Sambo was arguably the biggest part in the success of Fedor. Not many give Combat Sambo credit for making the GOAT the GOAT.

Combat Sambo (striking/grappling) is a superior all-around INTEGRATED weapons platform best-suited for MMA above all other single MA disciplines to date in MMA. A lot like having technological superiority on the battle field with better tanks, air to ground/air to air missiles, fighter jets, and bombers all linked together seamlessly in real-time by superior integrated communications technology.

Each move & transition between them in Combat Sambo has been streamlined and adjusted from most all traditional martial arts to be the most efficient and effective while covering any holes in the armor during transitions between striking, throwing, and submissions. This is much different than how MMA trainers teach their fighter to fight today. The teach Boxing stop!.. to Wrestling TD stop!.. to BJJ Stop! That is not efficient and leaves holes when transitioning between each individual 'in a box' style. In a military system this would be like having a 50 cal machine gun set up next to an anti-tank missile battery, next to a howitzer.... as opposed to an M-1 Abrams tank with all of those systems integrated electronically into it in a highly armored fighting vehicle that is highly mobile and can go 50mph. Everything is seamlessly integrated into one weapons platform that is superior to any one single enemy weapon specifically engineered so that there is no holes in its armor while transitioning from machine gun to missiles to cannon.

So... there is a reason that Combat Sambo striking looks different than traditional Boxing or Muay Thai. It is designed to. The Combat Sambo stance and wide arcing high velocity whipping punches are better for mixed fighting to attack around/thru hand defense and to transition better to clinch/throw/td.

This is also why many Combat Sambo technique striking & grappling looks quite a bit different than what is traditional in western MMA.

For example, many would say Fedor had a very flat-footed stance. Yes, flat-footed for boxing but in no way flat-footed for Combat Sambo or MMA where you need to be more centered off the balls of your feet to best defend TD's or to retreat across the ring. A boxing stance bouncing on the balls of your feet is best suited for boxing... not MMA. A Muay Thai stance is much to upright leaving a fighter overly exposed to TD's. Why would people based their opinion on anyone's stance using boxing or Muay Thai? (eg. - Fedor had bad football stance. Or... Fedor had a bad cricket stance). Fedor's MMA stance proved to be about as good as anybody ever.

PS - I don't know if your like me but I'm in my 40's and have seen Fedor's fights many times. It seems almost ever time I see something technically that I had noticed or didn't understand before. I think this is the same for most fighters and coaches even today. Guys like Bas still have no clue what Fedor was doing and how many different things in such short periods of time were happening. I think I'd include about all of the other commentators and most coaches who can't get passed naming maybe one Judo technique in Fedor's TD game.

And people think that DC won't be able to ragdoll Jon jones like that . It'll be a worse clinic then the Soa and Barnett slams .

Here's a gif for those watching on their phones

2ik8gbb.gif

lol cormier ragdolled sao. That guy is huge. If he can do that to barnett and sao who are the same height but much bigger than jones, I don't see how jones can stop it.

Hendo is a top 5 GoaT but he is done.

Silva
Fedor
Hendo imo.

Hendo may ruin that by sticking around til he's 60

One reason I believe DC can beat Jones is that he, like Weidman before Silva, has never been in trouble at any point in any fight in his career.

Back