GIF of the DC slams

Maybe he was talking about training. There is some truth to that some of those takedowns look more impressive feats of strength than what they actually are.

Yes because being slammed has no effect on you at all. Lol

That looks like cartoonish fight... something taken out of tom and jerry..

But i still think Jones beats DC! if he gets thru Gus..

lol exactly. It looks like a freakin' cartoon. I can't NOT laugh at that gif.

DC looked great tonight. The throws were great.

I think these two by Vitaly Minakov from Bellator are two of the best throws/slams ever in MMA.

FrxaS.gif
sambrothrow4.gif

The thing is slams like that are all show they are not much different than a normal takedown I used to throw and get tossed like that in jr and high school wrestling and I would much rather be tossed than hit, and they have been wrestling their whole lives. Notice dan scrambles right away, a normal take down you would have control of him where as than dan can scramble props to Cormier though didn't get too see the fight but sounds similar to Hugh's trigg 1, a wrestling match among elite wrestlers being dominated by the winner
Uh, that first slam is not happening in jr high, high school or collegiate wrestling.
Slams are more than just all show, gtfo with the jr high bullshit.

Holy crap,it's sad to see Henderson getting humiliated like a little girl.

Hendo almost broke his leg when he fell down.Reminded me of that fat kid being bullied who slammed the skinny boy on the ground and broke his leg.

I don't even think this reflects bad on Hendo. Everyone knows Dans an elite wrestler.... this just highlights how good DC is.

It was like he was throwing around a sack of potatoes!

I think these two by Vitaly Minakov from Bellator are two of the best throws/slams ever in MMA.

FrxaS.gif
sambrothrow4.gif

sick slams, i've been following Minakov for a while, feel like the Volkov fight was stopped just a lil' bit early , but Minakov is legit. hopefully we get to see him in the ufc someday

The thing is slams like that are all show they are not much different than a normal takedown I used to throw and get tossed like that in jr and high school wrestling and I would much rather be tossed than hit, and they have been wrestling their whole lives. Notice dan scrambles right away, a normal take down you would have control of him where as than dan can scramble props to Cormier though didn't get too see the fight but sounds similar to Hugh's trigg 1, a wrestling match among elite wrestlers being dominated by the winner

Did you u just compare your high school opponents to DC?

You got tossed like that in high school?

Doubt it. Collegiate wrestling doesn't allow slamming like that. So, I think you're just making shit up.

This. Hs wrestling you must return the opponent to mat safely. A slam like that would be a dq.

FrxaS.gif
sambrothrow4.gif

Beautiful sambo transitions. Wrestlers can learn a lot from sambo guys about striking/grappling transitions.

That's what was so awesome about watching prime Fedor. I'm sure we'll see more of this in the future as more Russians move to MMA. We're already starting to see some pretty badass sambo Russians and they're ragdolling a lot of wrestlers.
293612_o.gif

Fedor getting a takedown despite opponent having double underhooks by manipulating the feet/weight of his opponent:
fedor+takedown+mirko.gif

fedorherringsuplex.gif

oie_23153389OmQMOYM.gif

Fedor was ahead of his time. That's for sure.

Last edited:
Goddamn Cormier is amazing, im still in shock and in awe by Dillashaw that it kind of overshadowed Cormiers performance but he was amazing as well, he's such a badass. And that trip just showed how brilliant Cormier is.

that was painful to watch - he threw barnett around like that too, which is nuts
Throwing Josh around like that still confuses me. Barnett is friggin' huge, strong, and a great wrestler himself.

FrxaS.gif
sambrothrow4.gif

Damn,Minakov was fast! I hope he comes to the UFC.His poor grasp of the English language got in the way of him finishing Kongo:Kongo has his hands down and badly hurt,started complaining to Herb Dean but the latter ordered them to continue fighting.Right there and then Vitaly could have finished Kongo !

That second gif is so impressive. DC rag dolled hendo to the mat keeping complete control the whole way down.

Beautiful sambo transitions. Wrestlers can learn a lot from sambo guys about striking/grappling transitions.

That's what was so awesome about watching prime Fedor. I'm sure we'll see more of this in the future as more Russians move to MMA. We're already starting to see some pretty badass sambo Russians and they're ragdolling a lot of wrestlers.
293612_o.gif

Fedor getting a takedown despite opponent having double underhooks by manipulating the feet/weight of his opponent:
fedor+takedown+mirko.gif

fedorherringsuplex.gif

oie_23153389OmQMOYM.gif

Fedor was ahead of his time. That's for sure.

And they say he isn't the GOAT

Back