gif of lawlers awesome spin from the guard

893.gif

this..and may i applaud you on you sig..top work matey..

The only reason why Lawlor is laughing in that one escape, is b/c Jake was tickling him in his left arm pit. Lawlor loled.

Ellenberger had Lawler's back with an arm trapped (if it was BJ, it would have been RNC finish), but Lawler easily and calmly got out of that bad position like he's practiced that a million times. I've never seen anyone do the ground escapes he did... not even decorated BJJ blackbelts.

Ellenberger had Lawler's back with an arm trapped (if it was BJ, it would have been RNC finish), but Lawler easily and calmly got out of that bad position like he's practiced that a million times. I've never seen anyone do the ground escapes he did... not even decorated BJJ blackbelts.

Probably what happens when you have worked with a guy like Matt Hughes for so long. To get a man like that off of you Lawler probably needed to learn some fancy escapes.

Lawler looks like he is ready for 5 rounds of action. The champ better keep improving.

These were awesome. Robbie is just so confident nowadays I don't see many WW beating him.
When Lawler beat Koscheck he was consistently working to get back on his feet and when he finally got a bit of space he was able to pound Koscheck out. Yeah I dont think Lawler is going to hold out for the ref to stand them up or ride out the round.
He did something similar against Ellenberger. He was always looking for space to hit him and then landed that vicious knee to the body that knocked the win out of Ellenberger. I'd like to see a gif of that.

I'm so proud of Robbie's defensive grappling.

He used to be a goddamn turtle.

Always cool to see a fighter's technique improving deep into their career.

Fuckers got so bad ass with defense that he smiles and laughs at his opponents when he gets taken down. Talk about taking someones soul in a fight.

That was sick, I couldn't believe it. He's getting better every fight it seems.

Would have been bummed out by Ellenbergers loss if it wasn't against Lawler.

Lol GSP would have single legged him back to the ground.

I don't really understand this hype for Ellenberger.

Too much mental baggage GSP is on the decline. Strong mental game Lawler is on the rise.

With Lawler, it's not just confidence. He's got the ground escape moves. He's got the flying knee, the KO punch power, the brute strength. He's going to be UFC welterweight champ before too long.

In my opinion, Robbie Lawler's the hottest welterweight right now. When Condit comes back, he won't be able to do anything to Lawler.

Lawler has morphed into a seriously complete fighter. He may not be submission nightmare material, but his ground game is slick, and that's all he needed, because he can knock mo-fo's senseless from just about any position.

That's awesome. I watched the ppv but I missed that. Always been a fan of his.

Back