GIF of Jason High shoving the ref?

I knew the fight was about to be stopped and i also knew if it was High was going to be pissed, but he wasn't doing much from his position

I think it was a little early probably but the ref was watching him take clean shots and not really doing anything to get out of that position

I'm not up in arms that he did it, I'm up in arms because you cast aspersions upon the masculinity of people because we are more aware of the rules and the reality of High's actions than you. However insignificant it may seem to you there is a line that you don't cross and Jason crossed it, make all the excuses you want, doesn't change the fact that it was wrong. Read my first post, I wasn't up in arms until you chimed in with your superior than thou bullshit

It was a joke man, you don't notice that no else is up in arms about that comment other than you? I really don't see how you can say that you're more aware of the rules than me, I never said that what he did was right. I'm not making excuses, I don't even care what happens to High, I'm not even a fan of his. I'm not even saying he shouldn't be reprimanded a little. I'm just saying, it's wasn't that bad.

Superior than thou? I see I struck a chord with the little girls comment. Listen man, whatever issues you have that cause to massively overreact to a harmless joke are your issues. I'm a nice person, so I'm not gonna pick at it with more harmless jokes.

Yeah, you do not touch the ref.. Its not about it being hard or not.
The ref is a "state official" and is not employed by the UFC so hands off..
Try that shit in any other sport and see what happens.

It was a joke man, you don't notice that no else is up in arms about that comment other than you? I really don't see how you can say that you're more aware of the rules than me, I never said that what he did was right. I'm not making excuses, I don't even care what happens to High, I'm not even a fan of his. I'm not even saying he shouldn't be reprimanded a little. I'm just saying, it's wasn't that bad.

Superior than thou? I see I struck a chord with the little girls comment. Listen man, whatever issues you have that cause to massively overreact to a harmless joke are your issues. I'm a nice person, so I'm not gonna pick at it with more harmless jokes.

It didn't come off as a joke at all and no one took it that way, the fact that your backtracking and claiming you weren't serious shows how soundly you have been exposed. Your point was it wasn't that bad? No shit, everyone agrees he didn't actually hurt him so your point never really needed to be made or reiterated repeatedly. You're a nice person? You've done nothing but launch personal attacks while I managed to stay on topic. Nice attempt at psychological diagnoses, next time you think your opinion makes you more manly do everyone a favor and keep it to yourself

That's gonna cost him.

I've always felt early stoppage refs should be in danger of getting whacked by the fighters. That would teach them that they better make sure the fighter is finished before they stop the fight. "Oh shit, this guy will break my jaw if I deprive of him of a chance to fight back."

Lol, you're such a moron.

It didn't come off as a joke at all and no one took it that way, the fact that your backtracking and claiming you weren't serious shows how soundly you have been exposed. Your point was it wasn't that bad? No shit, everyone agrees he didn't actually hurt him so your point never really needed to be made or reiterated repeatedly. You're a nice person? You've done nothing but launch personal attacks while I managed to stay on topic. Nice attempt at psychological diagnoses, next time you think your opinion makes you more manly do everyone a favor and keep it to yourself

No one is claiming anything, I'm sorry you have no sense of humor but it was clearly a joke. Of course my point needed to be reiterated, you clearly don't seem to be getting it and you still don't. I'm only giving as good as I get with regards to personal attacks, I've also stayed on topic with all my posts. Well when you get that upset about a harmless joke that no one else is remotely upset about, it's hard not to think there's something up with you that isn't with everyone else. I don't think this opinion makes me more manly, I'm just stating my opinion. I hate to disappoint you, but I'm gonna keep spouting my opinion all over this place.

Everybody is overreacting. It's just a push. I understand why the ufc would overreact, because they have an image that they're trying to sell. The fans, however, have nothing to be upset about. He didn't hurt the ref. He didn't get violent with the ref. He just pushed him and walked away. In my eyes that's not as bad as somebody yelling and arguing with a ref.

No one is claiming anything, I'm sorry you have no sense of humor but it was clearly a joke. Of course my point needed to be reiterated, you clearly don't seem to be getting it and you still don't. I'm only giving as good as I get with regards to personal attacks, I've also stayed on topic with all my posts. Well when you get that upset about a harmless joke that no one else is remotely upset about, it's hard not to think there's something up with you that isn't with everyone else. I don't think this opinion makes me more manly, I'm just stating my opinion. I hate to disappoint you, but I'm gonna keep spouting my opinion all over this place.

Fair enough, all pissyness aside, I'm going to try to objectively understand your point. What is it?

At least he didn't go full Yvel, but there's no excusing putting your hands on the ref like that.

Fair enough, all pissyness aside, I'm going to try to objectively understand your point. What is it?

My point is that you can't look at these things in black and white, you can't just say "oh there was unwarranted physical contact therefore he needs to be reprimanded as harshly as possible". You have to look at these things using a case by case basis, things like is the referee hurt? Did the fighter put any effort into the push? Did the fighter carry on any level of physical or verbal abuse? etc. Questions like that need to be answered before you decide to punish someone. Of course there needs to be a punishment, but I think that's more based on a precedent than anything.

My point is that you can't look at these things in black and white, you can't just say "oh there was unwarranted physical contact therefore he needs to be reprimanded as harshly as possible". You have to look at these things using a case by case basis, things like is the referee hurt? Did the fighter put any effort into the push? Did the fighter carry on any level of physical or verbal abuse? etc. Questions like that need to be answered before you decide to punish someone. Of course there needs to be a punishment, but I think that's more based on a precedent than anything.

Yeah I got that and I don't agree. I see your point and it is a pretty objective perspective but with the ref I feel it's different. I remember the incident with Brock Larson and John Alessio and while it's still wrong I think it's more acceptable than any unwarranted contact with the ref. Fighters accept an extremely high possibility of incurring physical harm as part of there job, refs do not. They're not built to sustain it the way fighters are, one punch could have a lifelong debilitating effect on a ref. Beyond that it's horrible for the sports image, it's fodder for the fools fighting to keep MMA out of New York. I did mention that his status with the company has a direct effect on the severity of his punishment, meaning that since he is not a big name he's a good guy to make an example of. Jon Jones would and probably has gotten away with worse but that is just the nature of the beast, unfortunate but it is what it is. In reality I really don't care what they do to him but if he gets a slap on the wrist it sets a bad precedent.

You can't have a ref doing decisions based on fear of physical repercussions. It's easy to say "it's a soft push" but the act of a trained professional crossing that boundary can be extremely intimidating to a normal person and you can bet your ass a ton of refs will find it very threatening.

He may have killed his career with this shove. Dana wouldn't take this lightly.

Maybe these day he won't take it lightly. But back when Baroni hit the ref after the Tanner fight, I think Baroni got an immediate rematch with Tanner.

You guys saw the GIF right? People saying he's gonna be cut, face a lengthy suspension etc. It's not even that bad, he doesn't even look like he's putting anything in to it. For MMA fans, some of you are really a bunch of girls.

He put his hands on the ref, he absolutely should be suspended atleast. No other sport could you put hands on a ref and get away with it.

Suspension, fine and or getting cut should be the penalty.

SimmonsShove.gif

those two guys are great together. i love their commentating. it sounds like Eor and Timon LOL

MMA fans once again show how stupid they are, its ok he didnt hurt him, its ok Daley punched Kos in the face after the bell, he didnt hurt him, its ok to spit on the ref, push him, it didnt hurt him.

Thats your reasoning for it being acceptable? That he wasnt hurt?

Punish him by giving him Sanchez next. Being robbed will teach him.

Back