GIF of Jason High shoving the ref?

I've always felt early stoppage refs should be in danger of getting whacked by the fighters. That would teach them that they better make sure the fighter is finished before they stop the fight. "Oh shit, this guy will break my jaw if I deprive of him of a chance to fight back."

And for late stoppages they get put in against a beast, with a shitty ref.

[YT]5y5QO80tc2A[/YT]

For someone posting on an MMA forum you have a baffling inability to comprehend the rules of the sport. You NEVER lay a hand on the ref, it's equivalent to assault. Just because you're a pro fighter doesn't mean you can put your hands on anyone you feel wronged you.

Talk about drama queen over here. It wasn't even a hard push, get over it. If he full force pushed him and he fell over, I'd be agreeing with you people. The way some posters are talking about this, makes it seem like he double legged him. I'm not saying if you're a fighter you can put your hands on anyone you feel has wronged you, not sure where you get that from.

I've always felt early stoppage refs should be in danger of getting whacked by the fighters. That would teach them that they better make sure the fighter is finished before they stop the fight. "Oh shit, this guy will break my jaw if I deprive of him of a chance to fight back."

You're probably the biggest idiot I've ever seen in these forums.

Deserves a fine and suspension. If you let one fighter do it what is stopping any other fighter in the UFC from attacking a ref.

lol @ people actually saying it's okay for High to do that.

Deserves a fine and suspension. If you let one fighter do it what is stopping any other fighter in the UFC from attacking a ref.

lol @ people actually saying it's okay for High to do that.

I don't think anyone is saying it was OK, but it's not as bad as everyone else is making out.

Talk about drama queen over here. It wasn't even a hard push, get over it. If he full force pushed him and he fell over, I'd be agreeing with you people. The way some posters are talking about this, makes it seem like he double legged him. I'm not saying if you're a fighter you can put your hands on anyone you feel has wronged you, not sure where you get that from.

You're calling people little girls and I'm the drama queen? Clearly you had the more emotional reaction, either that or you're just a **** all the time. It doesn't matter how hard it was, it's intolerable to ever place a hand on a co worker in anger. Anyone who does that at work is going to face disciplinary action and possibly termination of employment. He placed his hands on the ref because he felt wronged and people justify that by saying it was the heat of the moment and he had just been fighting but we all find ourselves in high pressure situations in which we have to show restraint so the fact that he's a fighter and was full of adrenaline isn't a valid excuse. Lots of fighters have had to deal with premature stoppages and very few have ever physically attacked the ref because of it, even if it was a dainty little shove it's grounds for dismissal. These are facts, disputing them makes you look ignorant

I rewatched the fight. The ref made the right call in stopping the fight.

Either way, Jason High should be suspended for shoving the ref.

lol suspension for that? guy was just adrenalized. Wasn't a big deal.

Exactly. Can we stop with this impossible standard for fighters? Ref was a little too touchy imo. I would have shoved that fucker too.

You're calling people little girls and I'm the drama queen? Clearly you had the more emotional reaction, either that or you're just a **** all the time. It doesn't matter how hard it was, it's intolerable to ever place a hand on a co worker in anger. Anyone who does that at work is going to face disciplinary action and possibly termination of employment. He placed his hands on the ref because he felt wronged and people justify that by saying it was the heat of the moment and he had just been fighting but we all find ourselves in high pressure situations in which we have to show restraint so the fact that he's a fighter and was full of adrenaline isn't a valid excuse. Lots of fighters have had to deal with premature stoppages and very few have ever physically attacked the ref because of it, even if it was a dainty little shove it's grounds for dismissal. These are facts, disputing them makes you look ignorant

if a coworker touches you in the chest without your permission, you can shove him back. Checkmate.

damn, it was an early stoppage but he was looking out for jason's health. yeah, he'll probably get in trouble for that

My comment was out of jest, calm it down guy. Wow you really emotionally invested into this, someone assault you at work or something? I bet the referee doesn't even care, it wasn't even that hard a push. It caused no damage, it didn't even push him back very much. I've never disputed that people that assault their co workers deserve to be fired, but you have to look at the actual scenario. If he pushed him to ground and stood over him intimidatingly, then I would understand. It was a little shove, he basically immediately calmed down and walked away. Looking at everything in black and white, now that's truly ignorant. Should be fined and face a suspension? Sure, but some of you guys are up in arms over basically nothing.

Exactly. Can we stop with this impossible standard for fighters? Ref was a little too touchy imo. I would have shoved that fucker too.

Not shoving an official is now an impossible standard?

I wonder how pretty much every other athelete in the world manages to live up to it on a daily basis.

He should be suspended for that. In most sports you aren't allowed to so much as touch the ref's shirt

My comment was out of jest, calm it down guy. Wow you really emotionally invested into this, someone assault you at work or something? I bet the referee doesn't even care, it wasn't even that hard a push. It caused no damage, it didn't even push him back very much. I've never disputed that people that assault their co workers deserve to be fired, but you have to look at the actual scenario. If he pushed him to ground and stood over him intimidatingly, then I would understand. It was a little shove, he basically immediately calmed down and walked away. Looking at everything in black and white, now that's truly ignorant. Should be fined and face a suspension? Sure, but some of you guys are up in arms over basically nothing.

I'm not up in arms that he did it, I'm up in arms because you cast aspersions upon the masculinity of people because we are more aware of the rules and the reality of High's actions than you. However insignificant it may seem to you there is a line that you don't cross and Jason crossed it, make all the excuses you want, doesn't change the fact that it was wrong. Read my first post, I wasn't up in arms until you chimed in with your superior than thou bullshit

I expect UFC to black ball him, right before another re-signing of Gilbert Yvel.

Back