GIF of Jason High shoving the ref?

Seriously!

If the stupid ass ref came to comfort me like a rape victim after such a bad stoppage I'd want no part of it either.

haha totally in agreement. i'm almost worried for the guy that those in charge make a deal about it based on the responses ITT

Funny because Crocop was sometimes real emotional after fights and threw his own corner men off him. Those little japanese refs would have gone for a ride if they tried to run up and grab him after a bad stoppage. and no one would have gave a fuck. but their refs weren't half as stupid on average as american refs.

MMA is what it is because of rules; that's what makes it a sport instead of a street fight. One of those rules is that once you're in the cage, you DO NOT touch anyone except your opponent.

No one is saying the push was dangerous. Our issue is that it's grossly against the rules and against common sense.
Well said.

There have been a ton of fighters who've disagreed with a stoppage. At the end of the day, you still have to respect the refs call, or don't participate in competition. He's ultimately in there for the fighters safety.

People get really emotional when they are in a fight. He believed he got screwed over, and the man that screwed him over got in his personal space and started touching him.

The push was a natural reaction. Fuck that ref.

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

You don't touch the ref, period.

He's looking at the very least a talking to, worst a suspension and a fine.

The ref changed High's career (at least in his mind). He didn't look bad for facing a top ten opponent in his 155 debut.

you are acting like a whining little girl. just sayin, your replies kinda make his case.

Yep, I'm a little girl. Even so, my posts are significantly more intelligent than the drivel you spew from your suck hole so I don't feel too bad about it

egKjaUz.gif

Pretty bad of him.

It was barely a shove and the ref was moving towards him. I'd probably push the ref back a little if he was going to try to do the whole "cradle the KO'ed guy" after stopping a fight when I was still in it and when I was fine. Mulhall sucks ass.

I'm sick and tired of seeing fighters being put under a microscope, every little thing they do is blown out of proportion. When are the ABSOLUTE piss poor judges and refs going to start getting what they deserve? When they fuck up as bad as they did this past weekend they need to start getting fined/suspended.

I think the reason people are making a big deal about it is because it was a UFC event watched by a million people and it occured 48 hours ago. The James Thompson shove occured in an EliteXC event about 6 years ago.

Six years from now, no one is going to be talking about this. Or maybe everything in the world is a wild, racist conspiracy and I'm too dumb to see it.

Not that I disagree with you but to your point about a million people watching, the gif is from the James Thompson vs Kimbo Slice fight. 6.5 million people watched that fight, it's the second most watched fight in MMA history.

Orlando Brown (the player) received $25 million from the NFL after this incident:

AyT8Iv6.gif

At first I was about to be outraged but then I read the story:

"During a December 19, 1999 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Brown was accidentally hit in the right eye by a penalty marker weighted with ball bearings thrown by referee Jeff Triplette.[2] Triplette immediately apologized to Brown. Brown was holding his hand to his eye and then went ballistic and shoved Triplette, knocking him to the ground. Brown was ejected from the game and subsequently suspended by the NFL, although the suspension was lifted when his injury did not heal.

"Brown sat out the entire 2000 season waiting for his right eye to heal. The Browns released him after the season. In 2001, he sued the NFL for $200 million in damages. According to reports, he settled for a sum between $15 million and $25 million in 2002.

"Brown spent the 2001 and 2002 seasons in rehab before he was picked back up by the Ravens in 2003."

That ref is lucky he didn't get stomped on too. He fucked up someone's career and risked leaving him permanently injured.

Fine and suspension at the very least. I would fire him but Dana isn't man enough too

Not a powerful/violent shove by any means, but he'll probably get cut for it knowing Dana & co.

When have they ever cut someone for something comparable to this?

Back