Giblert Melendez, are you excited for him to comeback and when does he comeback?

How bad does the loss to Pettis look now?

He lost to one of the best lws in mma history. How is that a bad loss?

BTW yes I'm excited Gils a top 6 or 7 LW. Would love to see him vs Iaquinta, Dariush, MJ or Barboza

Gilbert is 1-4 in the UFC.

He's 1-3. Two of those losses are dropping controversial split decisions to Alvarez and Benson Henderson.

So far RDA is the only lightweight of this generation that has proven to consistently beat top 5 talent. Gil is mixed in with the rest of top 10 guys who can beat each other on any given night.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm disappointed enough in Gil that I really don't care where he goes from here. This is exactly why a one-year suspension was not nearly long enough. Up until recently, it was totally worth the risk to cheat.

I don't know why Gil cheated, but for me, he'll always be a cheater now.

Giblert Melendez had some fun wars.

He definitely appears to be on the down swing. I can see him in Bellator soon.

He lost to one of the best lws in mma history. How is that a bad loss?

BTW yes I'm excited Gils a top 6 or 7 LW. Would love to see him vs Iaquinta, Dariush, MJ or Barboza

Pettis is one of the best LWs in history? Guess 1 title defence is enough these days. I'm sure Rockhold will surpass Anderson if he beats Weidman again.

Gil vs Martins, Gil vs Iaquinta, Gil vs Johnson, Gil vs Dustin, Gil vs Penn, Gil vs RDA, and I would like to see him rematch Alvarez and Pettis. But he and Coker are actual friends.. So a rematch with Benson would bring interest, Gil vs Brooks, Gil vs Chandler, Gil vs Pitbull, Gil vs Daley, are all nice fights if he were to go to Bellator, but not sure how many fights and contracted obligations he has left on his Zuffa contract.

Gibs puts on some great matches i would very much like to see him back

Nah. He hasn't looked good in any of his UFC fights even on PED's, I expect even less when he returns.

Nah. He hasn't looked good in any of his UFC fights even on PED's, I expect even less when he returns.
I wouldn't say he's looked truly awful in all of them either

hell of a fight with Sanchez, and let the Alvarez fight slip when he was winning

I've never really been a fan but he's still in that upper group imo

One of my favorites, there are a lot of good match ups for him at 155 when he gets back.

I have always enjoyed Gil and think his fights with Thomson were some all time greats. I'd love to see him back, but I'm not sure he'll ever be in the top 5 again. There was a time when I felt he'd be champ, but his fights over the last few years have been too lackluster to make me believe that currently.

cant believe Zuffa matched bellator's offer to Gil and let Benson go.

He's not evolving and he creates no popcorn. Good for him he signed a great deal with the UFC. I could care less but only by a tiny little bit.

Back