Giant Spider Being Rescued From Australian Flood.

It's not even as big as the guy's hand. I've seen bigger spiders.

I'd flood the earth just to try and kill that fucking thing. Australia is completely backwards. Up is down. Black is white.

at the end of an article they say that there is a spider that weighs 30 kilos (~65Lbs). That is such a clear case of bullshit that I am left speechless.

Did they say arachnid? Coconut crab might qualify.

Also, spider was big, but not that big; and if it was a funnel web spider, they can be deadly to humans and it shouldn't have been saved. Don't have to go out of your way to kill it, but you also don't go out of your way to save it.

at the end of an article they say that there is a spider that weighs 30 kilos (~65Lbs). That is such a clear case of bullshit that I am left speechless.
Ya I saw that too and was like WTF? That spider is big but 170grams big not 30KG's big.

I would love a mid sized dog Spider to walk around. That would be awesome. See how a game Pit would deal with that.

raw

Ya I saw that too and was like WTF? That spider is big but 170grams big not 30KG's big.

I would love a mid sized dog Spider to walk around. That would be awesome. See how a game Pit would deal with that.
you wouldn't know, you'd be dead long before you had the chance to take it for a walk.
Did they say arachnid? Coconut crab might qualify.

Also, spider was big, but not that big; and if it was a funnel web spider, they can be deadly to humans and it shouldn't have been saved. Don't have to go out of your way to kill it, but you also don't go out of your way to save it.

Yeah some crabs can be huge, but here is a quotation from the article:

This Goliath birdeater spider is so big that it weighs up to 30kg which is the weight of an average puppy.

Which is ultimate bullshit. I don't remember even fossilized spiders that size.

According to that article an average puppy is 30kg...think they added a 0.

They're wrong with everything. The Goliath Birdeater weighs 0.175 kg. They're not even off a 0:

"These spiders can have a leg span of up to 28 cm (11 in), a body length of up to 11.9 cm (4.7 in) and can weigh up to 175 g (6.2 oz).[7] Birdeaters are one of the few tarantula species that lack tibial spurs, located on the first pair of legs of most adult males."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_birdeater

you wouldn't know, you'd be dead long before you had the chance to take it for a walk.

Yeah some crabs can be huge, but here is a quotation from the article:

This Goliath birdeater spider is so big that it weighs up to 30kg which is the weight of an average puppy.

Which is ultimate bullshit. I don't remember even fossilized spiders that size.

Maybe typo. No puppies weigh 65 lbs either

I would've shook the hell out of that branch with a big ass stick, or thrown something at it to get it in the water. No thank you to that abomination.

That thing needs to be eradicated.

Also all they needed was a big enough tissue, clearly.

Last edited:
Yep, pretty sure if a 30kilo spider existed, earth would already be a cloud of debris orbiting the Sun by now.

Back