Gianni Grippo Pt. 1 on Open Mat Radio

slickcmrick

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
gianni.jpg

Happy New Year! We welcome Renzo Gracie standout Gianni Grippo this week. We discuss how Gianni became a 5x Mundial and 7x Pan Champ in gi/nogi at the colored belts. We find out what it was like starting out at Renzo

Thanks for the kind words!

Since it's New Year's Day let's do some reflection. Gianni literally grew up in Renzo's academy. He has spent 10 years there. It's impossible to say that didn't shape his life. So my question to you is,

How different has your life been since finding jiu jitsu? Personally I'm very happy to have donated some cartilage and ligaments to the jiu jitsu gods for all they've done for me. I know I have much better confidence, tenacity and am a much happier person from hanging around the mats. I've also met some of the best people in the world on the mat. What about you?

In part 2 we discuss how Martin Rooney has impacted Gianni's game, how Gianni was impacted by watching the infamous Roger v Jacare mundial final at the Tijuca Tenis Club and much more!

Does anyone here take private lessons on a consistent basis? How much do you pay?

I think the Jedi level skills of the brothers Mendes supersedes the need for padding near glass!

Their school looks so heavenly with the white interior. It's like rolling around on clouds.

Back