Gianni Grippo - NeXT GeN DLR

I've already started watching. One up side to the Redskins sucking this year, I'll get the dvd reviewed tonight, vs, watching the game:icon_cry2

Huge thanks to Charlie at Digitsu, we got this in the mail yesterday along with the one we're giving away for our contest. We'll be watching this all day today while "working".

Heavier newb blue belt here.

Here is my mini-review here of the DVD and the experience of getting it:

- Digitsu customer service was simply awesome. I had some issues with my registration to the site so it was difficult for me to order, I had customer service reaching out to me both on my private e-mail and through private sherdog messages making sure I was taken care of.

- Prompt notifications once shipment occurred with tracking number and insurance.

- I am a little over an hour into the DVD, I still have about 20 minutes to go. I almost couldn't stop watching it this morning. I made it into the RDLR stuff, which was awesome.

General comments about the content:
- First section on guard pull, and DLR sweeps was great. Gianni is detailed and explains the grip and where to put pressure very well.
- The Berimbolo section is very interesting, Gianni talks about the way he does the berimbolo, how he focuses on posture, and how to force the opponent to fall to his back. Then he goes into Miyao style berimbolo, Mendes style leg drag berimbolo, and Braga's berimbolo to mount. All explained very well and very detailed.
- Also shows how to finish the toe hold when somebody kicks to defend the berimbolo.
- The little I have seen on the RDLR section is great. Lots of focus on foot placement and grips. Kiss of the dragon seems actually doable for me with the foot placement he presented.
- For me as a blue belt RDLR and DLR are guards that I am trying to understand, Gianni's instructional was a great introduction

- Gianni is engaging, I have seen instructionals in which the speaker makes me want to fall sleep, this was not the case as Gianni was clear and energetic. At such a young age he has provided a high quality instructional which I think is a great achievement.

Minor downsides:
- In a few shots the camera shakes a little bit and it is a little bit distracting. I think having multiple fixed cameras works better and helps showing the different angles.
- It assumes you are familiar with the leg drag position on a couple of the techniques which can throw off beginners.

Overall great, highly recommended for a better understanding of DLR/RDLR

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick note to thank everyone for supporting us. Furthermore, I want to wish you and your family a healthy and happy holiday season.

If you have any last minute shopping to do, we are offering GUARANTEED FREE shipping within the United States if you use promo code: HAPPYHOLIDAYS

If you order by midnight 12/19/13 and you don't get your package by Christmas we will issue you a full refund and you can keep your order FREE of charge.

Thanks again

-Charlie
http://www.digitsu.com/

PS. Don't forget our Lucas Lepri/Keiko Raca contest end on 12/31 get your entries in!

Hey everyone,

Hope were one had a great Christmas holiday. The digital version of Gianni Grippo instructional is available on Itunes and on Digitsu (online streaming).

Since I know Digitsu is also the makers of Lucas Lepris dvd I wondering if anyone here purchased his GI passing series or could direct me somewhere where I can find some reviews on it? Thanks Im a big fan of their work and looking forward to purchasing this next gen dlr also

Since I know Digitsu is also the makers of Lucas Lepris dvd I wondering if anyone here purchased his GI passing series or could direct me somewhere where I can find some reviews on it? Thanks Im a big fan of their work and looking forward to purchasing this next gen dlr also

His Guard passing series is really good!

I've picked up a lot of good reverse de la riva passes from it and added it to my game

No Android yet? Android always gets the shaft!

This is the first I've actually looked into this instructional, which I did because I have seen the thread title come up to the first page several times over the past months. It looks good, though I would like to see some sample clips of Gianni's actual instruction.

The chapter list pretty much sums up what I want my DLR to be. Single legs from DLR, berimbolos, and RLDR options.

Digistu,
If I get this "On Demand" from your site, would I be able to get the Android app when it comes out, or do I need to wait for that to come out? I want to be able to use my tablet mat side, where I may not always have access to wifi for streaming.

Digistu,
If I get this "On Demand" from your site, would I be able to get the Android app when it comes out, or do I need to wait for that to come out? I want to be able to use my tablet mat side, where I may not always have access to wifi for streaming.

Hello!

The Ondemand product on our website plays in online streaming up to 720p HD and runs on Android from the website, but requires a wifi connection. However, 270p DRM free mobile video clips are available to download from the video player for the Ondemand product. These can then be imported or downloaded on your mobile devices for off-line usage.

The Android app once released will be a stand alone app that will be available on the Google Play store. This will be separate from the Ondemand product on our website. If you own the Ondemand product from our website you won't have access to the Android app without an additional purchase or visa versa. The Android app is one download of around 900mb. It includes the video content in the app, so it does not require a wifi connection to view the video once the app is installed.

We should have the Android app available sometime this week, and plan to do a better job in the future of releasing these apps simultaneously. I hope I was able to answer all your questions and I apologize for the inconvenience!

No Android yet? Android always gets the shaft!

This is the first I've actually looked into this instructional, which I did because I have seen the thread title come up to the first page several times over the past months. It looks good, though I would like to see some sample clips of Gianni's actual instruction.

The chapter list pretty much sums up what I want my DLR to be. Single legs from DLR, berimbolos, and RLDR options.

Digistu,

As I said in another thread, GG's instruction is very good. Not Ryan Hall-like in his description of details, but he speaks clearly and IMHO doesn't gloss over important details. I was impressed with the DVD.

Thanks for the info Digitsu.

As I said in another thread, GG's instruction is very good. Not Ryan Hall-like in his description of details, but he speaks clearly and IMHO doesn't gloss over important details. I was impressed with the DVD.

And thanks for the insight beeran.

Will be waiting for the Android app.

Last edited:
BJJHQ (http://www.bjjhq.com/) is doing this awesome thing for the Jiu Jitsu community. They are offering some amazing "Rolling Deals" discounts every 20 minutes for 24-hours.

GUESS WHAT! They are offering up a the Gianni Grippo Next Gen DLR for digital download and On-Demand streaming for $12.00 (normally it's $19.99). The offer goes live for 20 minutes @ 8PM EST.

Don't miss this on this extremely limited time opportunity!

BJJHQ (http://www.bjjhq.com/) is doing this awesome thing for the Jiu Jitsu community. They are offering some amazing "Rolling Deals" discounts every 20 minutes for 24-hours.

GUESS WHAT! They are offering up a the Gianni Grippo Next Gen DLR for digital download and On-Demand streaming for $12.00 (normally it's $19.99). The offer goes live for 20 minutes @ 8PM EST.

Don't miss this on this extremely limited time opportunity!

i bought the dvd on bjjhq for 7 bucks - the shipping is costing more...lol

i bought the dvd on bjjhq for 7 bucks - the shipping is costing more...lol

Thank you for the purchase, I know you will like the content; Gianni poured his heart and soul into those techniques. The BJJHQ offer was for a digital download/Online Streaming. They will send you a promo code to redeem you order shortly.

-Charlie

Back