Gi wash problem...

Funkoar

Green Belt
Reaction score
So my washing machine decided to shit it self today, but I still want to roll everyday I can.

Does anyone have an effective way to wash a gi without using a machine?

Take it down to the river and do it old school. or hand wash it in the bath tub with soap and water

Or laundromat if you're lazy

We have one nearby, but I am not sure if I trust them with it.

I put water in the tub, threw in some powder and softener and let it soak for around 30 mins. Then came back and scrubbed it. Smells fine but doesn't look as white as it does straight out of the machine.

We have one nearby, but I am not sure if I trust them with it.

I put water in the tub, threw in some powder and softener and let it soak for around 30 mins. Then came back and scrubbed it. Smells fine but doesn't look as white as it does straight out of the machine.

Use oxyclean with the powder

You can always wash it dhobi ghat style:

Dhobi%20Ghat.jpg

Coin laundry?

I live in Australia, the only place is a local business that will take it, wash it and be ready whenever they do it.

a) I doubt they will be open over this Christmas holiday

b) I don't want to do this everyday, they are pricey. Plus I don't know if there is an extra charge for needing it ready the next day.

Oh, that sucks. Hook up with a bar hag and use her laundry services until you get a new washer

Ask Santa for a new washing machine.

I've been washing gis in the bathtub. It's a pain in the ass, but it works.

in Australia we do actually have laundromats(coin operated washing machines in a room with access probably 24/7, usually in small old blocks of shops. often found near apartment complexes too ... option 2 is ask a friendly neighbor or friend ??

just don't =)
but dry it after the training

(grabs popcorn)

So my washing machine decided to shit it self today, but I still want to roll everyday I can.

Does anyone have an effective way to wash a gi without using a machine?

Option 1) Find a coin-op laundromat.
Option 2) Ask a friend or neighbor to use their machine.
Option 3) Hand wash.
Option 4) Take some time off of BJJ to pay for a repairman or new washer.

Note that "wear a dirty gi" isn't anywhere in this list of options.

Back