Gi Review: Black Eagle Mundial Gold Weave

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by pfdr17, Aug 4, 2010.

1. pfdr17

pfdr17 White Belt

About Me

I am a blue belt under Daniel Thomas at Zeus BJJ in Monterey, CA. My blog, Fueled By Fear, is at Fueled By Fear - Dev's BJJ Blog.

About The Company

Black Eagle began as a martial arts supply company in 2005, and have since expanded to provide many of their own brand name products, including gis for most disciplines, as well as sparring equipment.

Their Products

Black Eagle currently make three weights of BJJ gi:

A single weave, available in blue and white. Pricing starts at

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. domfightgear

domfightgear White Belt

By chance have you seen the DMX kimono with the custom rashguard liner built in from Dom Fight Gear

3. Pippon

Pippon Yellow Belt

I ordered one of these Gi's a couple of weeks ago. It hasn't arrived yet, but I am on the other side of the world, so its to be expected. The Gi was dirt cheap. In fact, I think it was 50% off. Good deal.

Edit: talking about the Black Eagle Gi not the DMX one.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  4. Pippon

Pippon Yellow Belt

My Black Eagle Gi arrived the other day. I'm pretty happy with the Gi overall. The only issue was the size of the pants. They are very, very long. I usually wear an A3 and after looking at the sizing chart for the Black Eagle thats the size i went for.
    The Black Eagle A3 is for people who are between 5'9"-6'1" 170-200 according to the website. Now I'm around 5'10" and 190ish so i thought this would be a good fit and while the jacket was the pants were far too long. I compared them to my Atama pants and they were a full 17cm longer!
    Anyway I warm washed them and put them in the dryer and while they are still a bit long they have shrunk a lot. Couple more goes in the dryer and they should be perfect. I wore the Gi for the first time last night with no issues. The Gi felt light and strong and it looks very cool, so all in all I'm very happy.

5. Does anyone have experience with the DMX infant gi?

6. Freddy-1234

Freddy-1234 White Belt

7. Pippon

Pippon Yellow Belt

I read your review and noticed you had the same issue with the pants that i had. They start out really long. I warm washed and dried them a few times and they shrunk up nicely. So far the Gi has been great.