Gi Question

Ghostdogg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
so i went to my first new bjj school class tonight and all i can say is fighting the heat of my gi is worse than fighting my opp. I have a koral and i like it alot but its just to hot im going to pass out in that thing. so im need to get a new gi prob the light ones single weave any suggestions on who makes a good summer gi so my big man self wont die training thanx.

Man, sorry for saying that, but it's supposed to feel like that. Drink lots of water and eat well. You'll get used to the heat, and it's great to make yourself slimmer. Which is why I'm waiting for the summer to arrive...

"Summer Gi" ?

Maybe thats why it seems like I have been having a harder time than everyone else lately lol. I have a Senki gi and that shits like goldweave I think and it feels way thicker and more stiff than everyone elses....

I guess that explains some of it though, because I havent seen a day where it wasnt under 100 degrees while im training in a long while.

Vulkan Pro Light. I don't know if it'll make a huge difference, though. Good luck!

Yeah, up here in Norcal it's been up to 112, usually it's around 103 when I train. The Gi somehow adds 20 degrees, it's almost magic. I just drink plenty of water and think of it as weight lose help...but if you want a summer wave gi I'd go vulkan pro light.

My Koral Light is a great summer gi. Light as a feather and not stifling at all.

It really doesn't matter. You're in a long sleeve jacket and pants and you're rolling around with people on top of you. You're going to sweat. Welcome to BJJ.

Back