Gi Patch Taboo

A dude who comes and coaches at my gym a few times a month has the dopest Gi ever.

Check this out:!
10225_168698197066_635507066_3663431_5480963_n.jpg

This guy is a member of the forum... I hope he

I got out the navy in 2008 and was wondering if it's ok to sew
my ships patch on

priorservice_2090_408878547

Iam away tempted to get random patches and put it on my shittyiest gi iam talking band patches, old patches from boy scouts , I have some patches from when i took swimming lessons i just think it would funny to come in one day with this gi on with tons of stupid patches like on april fools day or close to halloween .

Just extra grip for people, but I don't mind some.

The only issue I ever had was wearing a gi with my old school patch on it. My instuctor was pissed and insisted that I remove it or cover it up.

Damn that's interesting. Guys come into our gym with Ralph Gracie gi's all the time and my coach couldn't care less.

my instructor told me he doesnt care what we put on our gi's and could tye-dye it if we so chose to, one of the guys at our gym has a movie patch on his (the punisher or hitman or something). Check with your instructor. Easiest way

Ask your instructor

No instructor i have ever had has cared,
but i am sure some are more concerned about it then others.

Some of my gis are plain...
Others have various patches on them that i have collected over the years, places i have been, patches that have been given to me by friends, etc...

I would advise you NOT to wear patches of an old club though...if you have moved to a new club

Damn that's interesting. Guys come into our gym with Ralph Gracie gi's all the time and my coach couldn't care less.

But are they just visiting or do they stay with your club? I don't think instructors care if you are just visiting but if you actually make a "move" to a new club that instructor will probably look at you funny after awhile.

Bumping this thread, since its 420 years old, I had it carbon dated to get an exact start date

Back