Gi Patch Taboo

i like what you did there!

imagem.inc.php

A good patch would be. If your gonna ride my back at least pull my hair. I saw that one on a car and I lol.

I have two of each of my sponsor's patches (MTX Audio/Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear), one on front, one on back. My coaches specifically requested the butt spot for our gym patch, and I have a silly little Arkansas Razorback patch on some of them.

The more the better :), its personal preference at the end of the day. lol at people saying you shouldn't put a brand name on unless they are paying you yet how many of them have t-shirts with Nike this and Tommy that :). Throw up a pic when your done

I've always been curious about where and when patches came into gi culture. In corporate judo competitions in japan, judokah usually have patches. I know most BJJ schools also require, or allow, their students to wear patches. However, the fad doesn't appear to have caught on with regular judo schools, Aikido, or TJJ/JJJ. I've seen Sambo fighters with patches, Fedor has several large sponsor logo's on his sambo uniform.

Personally, if I were to put a logo/patch onto my gi, it would by the japanese characters for ju-jitsu, judo and aikido running across the back.

I'm getting a super mario bros. gi patch made for christmas, and its the only one I'll ever wear.

But I'm a fuckin weirdo.

I have this one patch that has the logo of a good punk band on it. I also have a patch that has a swastika and it's crossed over (hence being anti-nazi) but I don't think I'll ever put it on my gi.

I really like the idea of using band patches, but it shouldn't be over done. One or two small ones is enough.

oh you are against the Nazis how controversial:p

my coach has got a Hello Kitty patch

I have two of each of my sponsor's patches (MTX Audio/Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear), one on front, one on back. My coaches specifically requested the butt spot for our gym patch, and I have a silly little Arkansas Razorback patch on some of them.

do you have one "go-to" competition gi you put your sponsorship patches on, or do you put the same patches on every gi since you travel around to train?

Hey Hillary, does that mean your coaches "own your ass"? LOL

(Sorry, sorry, I know, Hillary would most likely destroy me but it HAD to be said! If you lob them up there...I gotta knock 'em outta the park! Please don't hurt me.)

A dude who comes and coaches at my gym a few times a month has the dopest Gi ever.

Check this out:!
10225_168698197066_635507066_3663431_5480963_n.jpg

This guy is a member of the forum... I hope he

if he's not a member, then, yeah, it might be pretty interesting

and frankly even if he is a member it is not cool

heck as I said in the psot above I am an atheist but I do think that religious stuff is okey. but I would be orked if a guy came in with political messages/affiliations. and criminal affiliations definitely does not belong. BJJ-Politics seems harsh as it is imagine people repping Bloods/Crisp, MS, AV, etc etc (hopefully those people aren't in BJJ thou

heck my mate's gi has alotta Hebrew stuff and TALMUD (and he is not jewish jsut bought a kosher gi without knowing).

Back