Gi Patch Taboo

DirectDrive said:
how about waring patches to support the scene? i know people that have on the mat patches because OTM are some cool motherfuckers that support the grappling scene.

i have a xande riberio pacth that he gave me that i will eventually put on one of my gis, not because he's paying me, but because he is a cool guy that deserves support.

I agree with this, But that orginal post didnt put it that way. He wants to "decorate" his gi...

For that i say Christmas is comming up, buy a tree instead.

b0b said:
I may also sew a ninja hood into it.

You are gonna get choked the hell out with that hood by your opponents. It's just what the doctor ordered...for them. Good luck, though

Get a bunch of patches with really small writing or a bunch of jokes on them. That way you can distract your opponent and tap them while they are'nt concentrating.

I want a gi that looks like this:
347a.jpg

Get a bunch of patches with really small writing or a bunch of jokes on them. That way you can distract your opponent and tap them while they are'nt concentrating.

What would be even better is a hypno patch in the front of your gi:D

Dude I knew put a long rectangular patch along the edge just below the collar to make it harder for people to grab it.

I mean, I hope you aren't planning to sew a Sex Pistols patch on it...

I would avoid any kind of pop culture stuff on your gi really. It doesnt matter, but its kinda goofy

Dude I knew put a long rectangular patch along the edge just below the collar to make it harder for people to grab it.

you can't. You cant have a patch that stops people from being able to grab you.

Having a lot of patches can definitely improve your standup - it can make it almost impossible for your opponent to get a solid grip :icon_chee

Ya better watch the patches from other schools, black belts here at Yamasaki have been known to rip off a patch from another school if you leave it on too long after switching to our school...

But as far as non-bjj related patches i guess it varies from school to school, at my school it's not a big deal, one of our more respected brown belts has a Slayer patch for example...

as far as taboo is concerned, I always show up an hour late to practice, just to miss eveything else and catch only the sparring, so I was thinking about getting a "Perfect Attendance" patch. Speaking of patches that might get ripped off by the Black belts...

I always wanted to represent my roots by getting a Newport patch for my gi

Wow, BS31412, thanks for brining a 3 year old thread out of hibernation.

Anyway. I was thinking of finding a naked lady silhouette patch. Like the mud-flap girl. Putting in low on my Gi top or putting it on my thigh so my opponent has something interesting to look at while i Triangle him.

Anyway. I was thinking of finding a naked lady silhouette patch. Like the mud-flap girl. Putting in low on my Gi top or putting it on my thigh so my opponent has something interesting to look at while i Triangle him.

What if he licks you?
That wouldn't be so good.

Oh man I did not even notice that it was from 2005 when I first responded :x

I put horror B-movie related patches inside my gis at the bottom of the collar. When I pull out my gi for the fancy chokes the last thing they see before going to sleep it's a chain saw...

PATCHES ARE LIKE POWER UPS IN RPGs!!!!

Arm: chokes +3
Leg: Leglock defence +2
Back: Back defence +2
Chest: Top control +2
Anus: Sit/butterfly guard +10

I only have a Japanese and Brazilian flag on my left shoulder!

PATCHES ARE LIKE POWER UPS IN RPGs!!!!

Arm: chokes +3
Leg: Leglock defence +2
Back: Back defence +2
Chest: Top control +2
Anus: Sit/butterfly guard +10

I only have a Japanese and Brazilian flag on my left shoulder!

Same for Tattoos in no-gi. Instant game improvement.

Back