Gi pants

koreanizm

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This might seem kind of dumb but I lost my pants. My instructor has been on my case about it but in more of a humorous "hey look at that asian kid with the skinny legs." I was wondering if anyone sold JUST pants. If anyone can offer one sized around 30 waist 30 length than I would be grateful. Ill also take used offers based on condition.

Wow, that is awesome. I did not know that. I actually know some guys at my gym that wanted just pants but ended up buying a whole new gi. Thanks for the info Ron.

BTW, are the hoodies in now?

Ron --

You should be able to get Ouano pants, too, since Ouano lists them separate on their site, right? My gi order is coming soon, btw...

Fat-you are right, I forgot about them.
Scorcho-My clearing agent is redoing a form so I can pick up the hoodies on Monday.

www.SSFgear.com

Warning, the HCK pants are really thick.

Hey Ron, I wear a size 30 pants, what gi size should i get? When I bought my old ones, my instructor juss grabbed one and said this was right. Except it was really big so I had to shrink it.

hck makes good pants, i would also recomend mizuno gi pants, they are made for judo and are a little bit hinner but still great quality.

On the flip, what about just jackets? I've got two very nice gis (a Gameness and a GrapplersGear) but the jackets have shrunk on me.

I know I shouldn't have, but up here in Seattle, it seems like nothing ever air dries. So I've ended up tossing my gis in the dryer more often than I would have liked to. It hasn't seemed to affect the pants too badly, but the jacket sleeves are off my wrist by a good three to four inches ...

I once found a place that was selling just HCK jackets--but at the time I was looking to buy a complete gi so I didn't keep track of the URL. Any ideas?

Wow, I am surprised that the jackets shrunk that much. I dry my Kwon JJ gi all the time and it has not really shrunk at all.

Gameness, GrapplerGear: A3
Atama: A3
Mizuno: size 4
HCK: size 5

That's assuming some amount of shrinkage.

I have to get my (business) suits mismatched also. I wear a "38 regular" jacket, but "38 short" pants--and the pants still need to be hemmed!

scorcho said:
Wow, I am surprised that the jackets shrunk that much. I dry my Kwon JJ gi all the time and it has not really shrunk at all.

Yeah, I think they were "perfect fits" when I bought them--though my GrapplerGear was used (bought from my instructor). So any shrinkage at all would make them a little small ...

I can still use them for training and for the small, local tournaments. But if I ever move up to the next level--or want to try an Ezekiel choke or something--I'll be out of luck with the jacket sleeves I've got now.

wOg said:
I know I shouldn't have, but up here in Seattle, it seems like nothing ever air dries. So I've ended up tossing my gis in the dryer more often than I would have liked to. It hasn't seemed to affect the pants too badly, but the jacket sleeves are off my wrist by a good three to four inches ...

It is so true that nothing air dries in seattle.

Also 25 days of rain does not help either.

Back