Gi pants with Knee pads

Petch

White Belt
Reaction score
Any one have a GI with knee pads in the pants? I thought last time I rolled with a guy with a lucky on I thought they had some. My knees are seeming to hurt more and more and would like to purchase a GI pant with some extra cushy knee pads. I really don't want a lucky.

Thanks Guys.

just buy some cheap mueller neoprene knee sleeves and wear them under your gi. i rarely roll without mine.

I have a pair of lucky gi pants, its just really an extra layer of gi fabric they sew over the knee area. It does help but its not a "knee pad"

HCK gi pants are really thick, especially on the double-weave. They are heavy, but they do offer some padding due to the thickness.

You could cut some neoprene knee pads in half and sew them onto your gi pants from the inside. One pair will be good for two pairs of pants this way.

Ive never tried it and never wear knee pads but it is just a suggestion. It would solve the annoying roll up problem.

Thanks for the advice guys. Perhaps someone should make a pair of GI pants that have them already sewn in.

Thanks for the advice guys. Perhaps someone should make a pair of GI pants that have them already sewn in.

Just not sure how useful it would be considering how pants move around. I would either just try to get used to it, or wear pad underneath.

I bought a gi from Ground Control Kimonos and the pants had padded knees. I believe they only sell a white gi though.

Shoyoroll pants have to be the most comfortable pants around knees. They knees are reinforced with gold weave fabric on the inside, so its much thicker than your regular gi pants and provides a nice cushion.
They don't sell pants separately, so putting on a knee sleeve does the same job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back