Gi or No gi.... Pick one!

Bacteria and shit can grow and flourish in a smelly, unwashed gi. Not so much in no gi.

the vast majority of people wash their gi everyday after training - If they don't usually someone will pull them aside and tell them they need to step up their hygiene... The gi reduces the amount of skin on skin contact which is the main way both staph and ringworm are passed. Gi is, without a doubt, more hygienic.

Bacteria and shit can grow and flourish in a smelly, unwashed gi. Not so much in no gi.

depends.

are you throwing your damp smelly gi in a hamper or are you drying it in the sun to dry?

people need to use some common sense if they are not going to wash right after class.

the worst thing for you is for your skin to touch something "unclean"

The future is No-Gi, even if i hate to admit it.

i agree. same thing happened when judo stopped using the gi.

but seriously, i think serious bjj schools will have more nogi classes.

but i doubt they will ever have more nogi than gi classes

(schools like alliance, gb, atos)

the only way gi would disappear is if gi comps disappeared and i do not see that happening.

The gi is the great equalizer. People can't rely speed or explosiveness as much. Besides if you take away the gi, you take away all the awesome collar chokes.

Gi for me.

I am slow, relatively weak, and unathletic, so I much prefer gi. The only thing I have is a strong grip and good reaction speed, so in no-gi I'm basically toast.

I'd just treat them as "seperate" sports and keep training equally.

Back