gi grips

grayam

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The other day in class I was told - half-jokingly - to "watch the claws." This is the first time anyone has said anything to me about being pinched when I go for any kind of hold on their gi. Is there some other way for me to secure a grip to avoid doing this to training partners or is it something that just happens and people learn to deal with it? We generally spar pretty hard if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

pinch? you're either grabbing the gi very akwardly or the other guy is a total pansy

I get gi burns and bruises but rarely do I ever experience a "pinch". Are they really fat or have lots of loose skin?

You sure hes not saying that you have long finger nails and claw at his skin sometimes?

It's not my finger nails because I trim them down to nothing. When I grab the gi I put the edge of my hand against their arm/leg and bunch the gi into my fist. Maybe it was just a fluke or I was off yesterday. I certainly felt off.

Ya I have that problem sometimes too. Also when I roll with someone hairy some of their hair comes off lol.

Back