Gi for a beginner

jamiesda

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
hey im just starting bjj and have started looking at gi's wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a learner. i live in australia and where i live it can get to 45 in the summer so looking for something lightweight but pretty strong, dont mind spending a bit just want something good. i was looking at the vulkan pro light? any advice would be good cheers.

go to centurymartialarts.com I've bought the majority of my gi there. Being a smaller guy 5ft 4in 125 pounds I tend to go with a size 3 or 4. My judo gi is really heavy material and I've had it for 5 years now. Even though it's brown now I've never had a problem with it tearing. For rolling around I'd definitely suggest using a Medium to Heavy fabric gi. You should be able to see it in the description. Hope that helps brother good luck on your journey and enjoy the struggle.

I have an On The Mat slc 420, It is good and strong yet light weight.

I have the Vulkan Pro Light and it is indeed very light (the lightest gi I've come across), comfortable and durable. I've been using it for around two months and it has held up very well.

Good luck, mate.

Dude, buy a judo gi, you'll save a shitload of money.

I have a koral light gi, and I love mine. Very lightweight and I don't ever really get hot in it

I am in australia look at grapplingstore.com for gi's and stuff
seem pretty well priced,

a fair few people at my gym wear vulkan's and some wear koral lights and classics and mkm's and one guy has an atama another has a keiko raca

the school gave out century brand pro grappler gi's (black with a brazil and australian flag on the shoulders and pro grappler on the bottom of the back) which alot of guys seem content with but I think the others are alot lighter and more comfortable

all seem happy with their gi, and I am in QLD

Back