Gi Footage from 4/26/08

Evaristo Medrano

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Here some footage of my friend Robert Wilson & I
Both Blue Under Royce Gracie.

More Vidz soon. Thier being uploaded.
Constructive Critics Please.

<a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33131923">Robert W. Vs Ev

how long have you guys been training?

i love how in the second video you can hear the dryer.

The guy in white doesnt really understand the basics of top control it seems. And the guy in black didn't look like he was trying anything at all.

No offense, just giving my impressions.

The roll seems a little too dead for my tastes.

It looks like you guys are just doing a light flow roll. I like doing that as well. However, I would up the speed of the techniques somewhat, even if you keep the overall force level low.

When I flow roll, I like to just go from one technique to another in quick succession. Basically I just try to chain moves as naturally as possible. "Let the jiu-jitsu flow" is what my instructor says.

thanks guys, yeah the mat space is 10x10 with cheap matts, in the academy its another story. Thanks for the tips guys

The roll seems a little too dead for my tastes.

It looks like you guys are just doing a light flow roll. I like doing that as well. However, I would up the speed of the techniques somewhat, even if you keep the overall force level low.

When I flow roll, I like to just go from one technique to another in quick succession. Basically I just try to chain moves as naturally as possible. "Let the jiu-jitsu flow" is what my instructor says.

That was my impression as well.

Either "go" or "flow", you seem to be doing neither.

white gi: more pressure on top.. i dont think i seen you putting pressure on the head once.. and you legs were almost crossing over themselves a few times.. keep them ready to post incase you get rolled ect.

black gi: move them hips! very few escapes attempted! Every time the guy moves to submit or reposition go for an escape cause they are usually more concerned about getting the sub or next position and are one step behind to counter your escape.

good luck mate it's not easy taking peoples criticism !

Back