Ghost pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1246217482095.jpg

:)))

Aww no Steve McNair?

Interesting occurrence happening at my home, a little back story: I have a son who just turned 1 a few months ago, he shares a room with my oldest a 5 year old(4 at the time) now but when we were working on getting him to sleep through the night we moved our daughter's bed into our room so if he woke up in the middle of the night he wouldnt wake her up. We put a baby monitor in the room with my son, which was a pretty decent brand, very sensitive. It has these little red lights on top that blink from right to left when something is making noise so if you want to turn it all the way down you can still see if he was crying or making noise.

Well after a week or so he got to where he was sleeping through the night pretty well, one evening about 10ish we notice the lights on top are going crazy, like someone is having a conversation(when the baby cries it the lights shoot up and stay up for a few seconds, when someone is talking or people are talking it tends to blink up and down erratically). We turn it up all the way, and we hear....Nothing. The lights are going off but no sound is coming out, must be broken right? I sneak upstairs to check on my son, he's fast asleep, hasnt moved, not snoring or anything. I tell my wife to turn it up while I was in there to see if its working, I go up and whisper into it, she hears me perfectly. Now its getting weird because I put it back up there and the lights are silent, about an hour later we look up, lights are going crazy again, turn it up and nothing, no sound. WTF? I check on him again, hasnt moved, sound asleep, lights stop once I enter the room, no sound. That monitor is picking up something I cant hear. It still happens occasionally to this day, I've seen it go off and personally went upstairs and sat in the room for an hour and a half in silence, I hear nothing. Wife says nothing happens to the monitor when I am in there. She doesnt talk about it anymore, and she refuses to go in there at night when that happens unless we can hear the kids actually making noise.

The only reason I mention this story, and I havent told anyone except a couple of close family members, is because something odd happened last night. My wife and my daughter are out of town for a wedding this weekend, I decided to stay home with my son. Im kind of an insomniac so I was up till nearly 4 last night, went to bed about 3, doors all locked, just laying around trying to go to sleep. I start hearing something moving downstairs, like someone walking around and picking stuff up and setting it on the counters. I walk downstairs, thinking its the damn cat but when I walk out of the room he's sleep on the stairs. I go down and of course nothings there. I go back to bed, still hearing steps and things moving, went on for about an hour.

I'm not going to say its a ghost, don't like labeling things I dont understand. Other little things happen, dog and cat looking at the air, knocking upstairs. I don't know what is doing these things. Could be nothing, that would be great lol.

One time I went out west on a vacation with my family when I was a kid. We decided to visit a ghost town just to see what it was like. On the trip we had brought with us a video camera as well as 2 disposable cameras. To get back to the town we had to travel back on this long dirt road for about 2 miles. The town was completely abandoned and all of the buildings were rusted out and falling apart. It was pretty cool seeing as how about 150 years before that it had been home to around 2000 people.

Anyway, we get out there and walk around for a few minutes before my dad decides he wants to take some pictures of the area. He gets out the video camera and for some reason the thing doesn't come on. We figure the battery is dead so we say fuck it we'll just snap some photos with one of the disposable cameras. Surprisingly enough, when my dad went to snap some photos neither camera worked at all. At the time we just wrote it off as bad luck, but the creepy thing is about half way back to the main road I tried to turn on the video camera and it worked perfectly. We also were able to use both disposable cameras later on in the trip.

Now that I think about it I should ask my parents what the name of the town was. I'd be real interested to see if it's a hotspot for paranormal activity.

Interesting occurrence happening at my home, a little back story: I have a son who just turned 1 a few months ago, he shares a room with my oldest a 5 year old(4 at the time) now but when we were working on getting him to sleep through the night we moved our daughter's bed into our room so if he woke up in the middle of the night he wouldnt wake her up. We put a baby monitor in the room with my son, which was a pretty decent brand, very sensitive. It has these little red lights on top that blink from right to left when something is making noise so if you want to turn it all the way down you can still see if he was crying or making noise.

Well after a week or so he got to where he was sleeping through the night pretty well, one evening about 10ish we notice the lights on top are going crazy, like someone is having a conversation(when the baby cries it the lights shoot up and stay up for a few seconds, when someone is talking or people are talking it tends to blink up and down erratically). We turn it up all the way, and we hear....Nothing. The lights are going off but no sound is coming out, must be broken right? I sneak upstairs to check on my son, he's fast asleep, hasnt moved, not snoring or anything. I tell my wife to turn it up while I was in there to see if its working, I go up and whisper into it, she hears me perfectly. Now its getting weird because I put it back up there and the lights are silent, about an hour later we look up, lights are going crazy again, turn it up and nothing, no sound. WTF? I check on him again, hasnt moved, sound asleep, lights stop once I enter the room, no sound. That monitor is picking up something I cant hear. It still happens occasionally to this day, I've seen it go off and personally went upstairs and sat in the room for an hour and a half in silence, I hear nothing. Wife says nothing happens to the monitor when I am in there. She doesnt talk about it anymore, and she refuses to go in there at night when that happens unless we can hear the kids actually making noise.

The only reason I mention this story, and I havent told anyone except a couple of close family members, is because something odd happened last night. My wife and my daughter are out of town for a wedding this weekend, I decided to stay home with my son. Im kind of an insomniac so I was up till nearly 4 last night, went to bed about 3, doors all locked, just laying around trying to go to sleep. I start hearing something moving downstairs, like someone walking around and picking stuff up and setting it on the counters. I walk downstairs, thinking its the damn cat but when I walk out of the room he's sleep on the stairs. I go down and of course nothings there. I go back to bed, still hearing steps and things moving, went on for about an hour.

I'm not going to say its a ghost, don't like labeling things I dont understand. Other little things happen, dog and cat looking at the air, knocking upstairs. I don't know what is doing these things. Could be nothing, that would be great lol.
Keep us updated.

This is getting a little off-topic, but I have a recurring dream of Cubans in Miami being sent to Dolphins Stadium; which was converted to a giant concentration camp run by humanoid pigs who eat tomatoes. This is obviously a recurring dream since I'm not in Dolphin's Stadium being bossed around my mutant pigs.

That is fucking hilarious!!!!

Argh! I'm so mad! I just typed out this whole story and my computer at work messed up and erased it all. So... I guess I'll have to start from the beginning. Again.

This thread is THE reason I joined Sherdog. So, I guess its time that I finally start to contribute. So, I have had the sleep paralysis thing happen to me a couple times. Probably like 5-6 times in my life. The first time it happened, I was a freshman in college. I woke up in the middle of the night, probably like 2-3 in the morning, and just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep. I couldn't move. I started to freak out looked all around the room by moving my eyes, but I couldn't move anything else at all. I tried to yell and wake up my roommate, but it came out barely a whimper. We had a bunk (I was on the top) and I could hear him snoring, but I couldn't get his attention. I tried with all my strength and couldn't even lift a finger, but I could feel myself sweating. For a minute or so, I thought that I was dead, or dying or something. I gave up for a while and began to accept the fact that I was dead or parylized or something. Finally, I decided to give it one last try and I tried with ALL MY MIGHT to lift my arm... Slowly, it rose about an inch, but it felt like I was lifting thousands of pounds off me. Then, suddenly, I just broke out of it. I was freaked out the rest of the night, and researched it on the internet the next day. I found out through Wikipedia and other sites what Sleep Paralysis was, and just went on with my life. It has happened like 3-4 times since then, and while its still kinda scary, I know what's going on, so I don't freak out too much.

But the LAST time it happened to me changed everything.

I had been out of college for about 2 years, and went back to the city to visit a friend who still lived in the area. I stayed the night at his place and slept in the guest room. Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up and felt weight on my stomach. I tried to move, and tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. I thought to myself, "Oh well, just the sleep paralysis again, no big deal." Wrong. I felt the weight on my stomach move up towards my chest and then I felt cold hands grab my hands tightly and try to lift me out of the bed. The hands lifted me from on my back to a seated position, and I was starting to freak the hell out. I kept trying to fight against them and to open my eyes, but because of the sleep paralysis, I couldn't do either. I tried tugging and pulling my arms back in towards my chest, but the hands wouldn't release their grip. I fought really hard to open my eyes, and was able to open them to a squint. I saw something like a... Shadowy Figure on me and grabbing my hands, and I was scared shitless. I am a religious person and all I could think to do was say "Jesus, Jesus." So I did. I said it a few times and contined trying to fight off this shadowy figure. Probably like the fourth time I said it, all of the sudden, it was like *POOF* and I broke out of my sleep paralysis, opened my eyes all the way, and the shadowy figure was gone!

I tried to calm down and go back to sleep, but something in the room just felt evil. There's no other way I can describe it. I finally was like, screw this, and I went to the living room to sleep the rest of the night on the couch. Well... I sleep on the couch for what I think was like 45min-1 hour and all the sudden, I am woken up again. This time, I can feel a bunch of hands, like 4 or 6, pushing me in the back and trying to push me off the couch. I tried to fight against them and stay on the couch, but they rolled me off onto the floor. I landed on the floor and turned around to see what was pushing me... and NOTHING was there.

By this point, I was just freaked and thought I would never be able to sleep again forever. I opted to just grab a blanket and spend the rest of the night on the floor. The next morning, I told my buddy what happened and he just ignored me like I didn't even say anything to him. Finally, he was like "yeah something like that happened here once before a few years ago" but he wouldn't go into details.

Anyway, I have NEVER experienced anything like that ever in my life. Like I said, I am religious, but I'm not the type that encounters things like that on a regular basis. Not at all actually, except for this time. I don't know if it was a ghost, or a demon, or what, but it was one of the scariest things that's ever happened to me. And now, when I read these stories, I tend to believe most of them way more than I used to.

Do you ever sleepwalk? some people can get up look around but they are still sleeping and dreaming similar to sleep paralysis.

It sounds just like sleep paralysis, I've had it every since I was a little kid. It sucks :(

Hey Alaska if I was a ghost that's how I would fuck with people. That's funny not scary.

People are stupid. There is no such thing as ghosts. There is no scientific evidence for any sort of "paranormal" activity and it defies all logic and reasoning. You have to have the intelligence of a child to believe in such ridiculous things.

People are stupid. There is no such thing as ghosts. There is no scientific evidence for any sort of "paranormal" activity and it defies all logic and reasoning. You have to have the intelligence of a child to believe in such ridiculous things.

i havent seen a ghost..

but how can you explain how my electric fan slammed to my wall..

it was two feet away from the wall and it slammed to it..

btw.. i was on the phone that time.. talking to my friend.. guess what? we were talking about ghosts! i think it was just a coincidence though..

our driver experienced that too.. he saw the electric fan moved 2 feet +..

he was watching tv with our cat.. and they both saw the electric fan moved.. he said our cat ran as soon as the fan moved..

not all things have explanation..

I'm sure there is some documented evidence of "paranormal" activity.

nor is there evidence against ghosts and like things. also, logic and reasoning isn't a constant. even physicist will tell you that math (one of the things we hold dear to us as solid and unwavering) begins to do funny and unexpected things at sub-atomic levels. things that defy all that we understand.

don't allow arrogance to lead you astray. your understanding of the world around you is an elementary one...as it is with all of us. the rabbit hole is deep and we simply lack the brain power to conceive of it's entirety.

I'm sure there is some documented evidence of "paranormal" activity.
that does not stand up to any scrutiny what so ever...

I dont really believe in ghosts much, but one time I had something rather....awkward happen to me. I was working graveyard shift a few years ago at a mill near my small hometown in Oregon. I guess it was about 2am or so, when I headed over to the bathroom on the backside of the tooling shop. I was fallowing this little mexican guy in there by chance and he was about 30-40 feet ahead of me. But when I got there and opened the door, the room was empty. No windows, closets, ect. One urinal and one stall. Fuckin place was empty even though I had just fallowed him in. I dunno. Take it for what it's worth, but it pretty much spooked me.

I kinda had the same problem. We bought a house in Thailand 2 years ago. The previous owners moved all there stuff, but they seem to forgot some sort of minitoure chinese house.Later i found out it was a Spirit house. So we removed that 'spirit' house.
Same night I heard footsteps in the living room,It was around 3AM.My bedroom was downstairs and I was sure someone was in our house. So I made some noise and there was no sound coming from the living room anymore. Next morning i check if something was gone.But nothing.
Another night i heard footsteps again, and this time I'm scared. It could be a thief but it was unlikely because I locked my shit good. So I tried to sleep threw the sound. The noises became louder and louder. Next morning I tell my tell my Thai grandmother what was going on in my house. She suggested I visit a chinese temple which was not far away from my home.I tell them I heard footsteps in my new house.
The first question they ask me was, If there was a spirit house in the corner of my living room. I was like SHit, I threw that away.The reason of the footsteps was obviousl now.They told me I did not only bought a house but also a strong spirit lol.
So they tell me what to do and I placed the spirit house back in the corner and next days I heard no footsteps anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back