Ghita is not himself anymore

Maybe he was nervous about fighting in front of North America? Maybe he was so worried about putting on a great show for Glory's debut that he choked a bit. I was not impressed. I really thought he could take out Rico... then again, he probly under-estimated Rico too.

I agree, I think he tried to KO Rico fast and spectacular and, therefore, he under-estimated him. Anyway, I think he fought very well: He KOed Silva in R1 and the final was impressive

Funny that this is mentioned, I saw Ghita training alot at my boxing(yes not kickboxing) gym of that time. Mostly morning sessions. I live in the Netherlands btw.

I was always wondering why he picked that gym to train, because it wasn't a topnotch gym to train at and the sparring partners seemed a bit weak to face if you're world class.

I think both Saki and Ghita weren't in the best of shape. Rico was though and was more hungry. Saki was gassed by the third round. Dude needs to work on his cardio.

I thought Ghita won the first two rounds. He got robbed IMO.

I thought Ghita won the first two rounds. He got robbed IMO.
Funny because your not the first to say this. Personally I don't think he was out right robbed, but he clearly dominated the first round and I thought he narrowly won the second.
He defiantly deserved a extra round but a robbery I'd have re-watch the fight to make that judgement. From what I remember it seemed like a close fight that didn't go Ghita's way this time.

Ben Saddik was inviting Daniel Ghita to kick him there, look how far up his elbows are :icon_conf
I would get told off for having my hands and elbows that high when training because not protecting the ribs and more importantly the liver, and I'm not even pro.

Yeah but then you leave your head exposed. So there comes the Cro Cop high kick.

Back