Ghita is not himself anymore

Neither Ghiță or Saki was at top in Chicago. I have no idea why. Maybe because Saki didn"t fight yet in the United States. And Ghiță changed the coach. With the ex-trainer of Bonjasky, he"s working more his punching. Daniel came with an additional 5 kg extra.

We all know that at Mike"s Gym they"re using steroids. Watch Badr Hari how good is he without them. And he was caught exactly like Overeem in UFC.
When Overeem got caught he wasn't training in Mike's Gym and i don't believe Saki is using steroids. Normally he trains his ass off.

When Overeem got caught he wasn't training in Mike's Gym and i don't believe Saki is using steroids. Normally he trains his ass off.

That"s true. Verhoeven has also come huge in Chicago, people were comparing his neck with of Overeem. But we can"t say anything about Rico and Saki. No proof. I"m personally against PEDs. All the promotions could have a strict control. Maybe they all consume, but only some risk their lives at maximum. I think none should do this. It"s not natural. Natural fighters can"t fight against super-fighters with extra-powers.

Before that, Saki illegally injured Ghita to weakened him and get unfair advantage. He tried the same strategy against Rico with the kick to the balls. I think he uses those dirty tricks to hide the fact that he is overrated.

He"s not overrated. Lol. It"s Saki. Magic combos he has. Like Ghiță, who won top fighters with a single kick or punch. But a lot of trash-talk from Turkish.

Read this, he"s right:

None of the top 5 HW's are overrated. Saki and Ghita are both top level. If every fighter that lost was overrated then everybody sucks.

Ghita looked good in this tournament but came up short. The props go to Rico...

Shrugs, Rico is 24 and he beat his ass. Rico will only get better and better as he grows older. Saki disrespected him by saying he's all work, no talent. I think much of it is work but also talent and build. I think will do well in the future. The Dutch keep dominating kickboxing, people need to deal with it. :D

Congrat to Rico! Nobody can deny your words.

IMHO Ghita has almost everything you can ask for in a fighter: he's big, he has skills. He has powerful legkicks, pretty good hands, KO power.

The only thing he actually lacks is the 'killer mentality'. In that sense he reminds me of Glaube Feitosa, who arguably was one fo the most technical fighters, but at the times it really counted, he could never go those extra miles.

Yes, the mentality of Peter Aerts. He isn"t showing it all the time. Like against Brice Guidon.

Anyway, Verhoeven has shown a really improved condition in Chicago. Ghiță and Saki were gassing a bit. Even though I can"t say Daniel was fighting badly even against Rico in the last two rounds won by Dutch.

Come on, it's simple. Daniel failed in two things: cardio and getting fooled into Rico's game. He lost the same to Saki. Instead of doing his usual, low/middle kicking forcing openings and throwing rare but powerful head kicks/punches, he tried to out box them and failed with both.

Both Ghita and Saki should get into better shape (better cardio), they both had 'flabby' abdomens (Silva too actually which is a shame, they are professional athletes, get in shape already).

Saki koed silva in the 1st round too not a tough matchup.

More excuses from Ghita fans.

I give him credit dedicated fan base exciting fighter but he's not all you Ghitaites crack him up too be

So basically you are being disrespectful to a bunch of fighters here. I have that right, right?

Where did I make excuses for Ghita at all? By saying Ghita looked bad you are undercutting Rico's win(s) and making it sound like Braddock is a bum, which is simply not the case at all. Braddock has underperformed in the past before, absolutely, but styles make matches.

Against a guy like Saki Braddock has troubles, but yet he gave Badr Hari trouble, remember? The same Badr Hari that made Saki look like a child? What's funny is, Badr is known as a guy with an awful temper and for being immature and he wasn't even as immature as Saki is being right now when he lost to Samedov. Hell, when Ghita had that BS stoppage against Schilt did he go on Twitter and Facebook and whine to Glory higher ups? No.

Last edited:
In the fight with Rico Ghita was kicking with just his left leg (the right one was probably injured). Rico made it ugly, pressed Ghita and gave him no space for his left hook.

In the fight with Rico Ghita was kicking with just his left leg (the right one was probably injured). Rico made it ugly, pressed Ghita and gave him no space for his left hook.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed he wasn't using his right leg at all.

also, why does ghita love to eat uppercuts? something I've noticed in his past few fights, I can't be crazy, or the only one who's noticed.

Ghita needs to go back to his old style of devastating countering. Saki just needs to get better at what he does, best hands in the division.

Didn't think about that, maybe he connected with Silva's elbow or something. Alas tournament formats are prone to such things.

Fixed it :p

But, seriously... Ghita too small for HW?! That never really crossed my mind... he looks like a HW to me.

Saki looked like a child in there next to Ricco. He looked a little to small for Spong aswell and was not winning that fight until he landed something beautiful. He would be better suited at light heavy. Thanks for correcting as I had forgot I posted on the thread.

Ghita definitely had an off night. Too me his face looked like something was bothering him. Maybe he was nervous about fighting in front of North America? Maybe he was so worried about putting on a great show for Glory's debut that he choked a bit. I was not impressed. I really thought he could take out Rico... then again, he probly under-estimated Rico too.

Just out of curiosity why do people think fighing in North America is such a big thing?

I remember when Ghita 1st came on the scene his kicks were devastating now they're all flat, no power

Ghita definitely had an off night.
It looked that way for me as well. Look at his face before the start of his fight with Rico, after his trainer told him something. He looked both confused and irritated at the same time. Most probably just my imagination but that's how it looked for me.

Back