Ghita is not himself anymore

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by bughay, Oct 13, 2013.

1. bughay

bughay White Belt

I was his fan from before his fight in K-1 final 16 2010 ... He used to have a style focused on counters using more kicks mostly the lowkick and countering with the left hook . first he stopped using lowkick focusing on body kick . and now he doesn't kick anymore now he says he favors his hands more than his legs . Why would a fighter change his style with which he had his most success???

2. novoluz

novoluz White Belt

i saw his fight with rico..pretty competitive. jumping off topic, i'm happy spong got the KO victory, that was cool!

3. Rollermanskunk

Rollermanskunk Purple Belt

Ghita had personal problems, changed gym so he had to change alot of things. I noticed he looked less ripped as before. He will be back though.

4. Razor Bump

Razor Bump The Authority On Stand Up Fighting

Ghita just faces the dilemma of being to small for the division he's in. Now they have the division he should have always fought in (209lbs) Let's see if he drops down to weight and he can let those giants battle it out. Even at 209 there is no guarantee he will win as Spong dominated most of their first contest and guys like Ilunga and Corbette and others are still a threat.

5. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Do I just not get the sarcasm or are you serious. Since this is Sherdog I'm just not sure what to think

6. Zert

Zert Yellow Belt

He's probably mixing up Ghita with Saki.

7. MayhemMonkey

MayhemMonkey Clearly not as big of a deal as I thought

Im guessing he is mistaking Ghita for Saki?

8. Da Killa

Da Killa Green Belt

Fixed it :p

But, seriously... Ghita too small for HW?! That never really crossed my mind... he looks like a HW to me.

9. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Ok if he's talking about Saki it makes sence. Saki would probably be #2 behind Spong if he drops in weight but the thing is in kcikboxing it's not as simple as it is in MMA or boxing there's overall less money in the sport and less elite fighters which would probably still force Saki to have some fights at HW if he wants the big money and exposure.

10. CHAREL

CHAREL White Belt

Another excuse? Really? first it was Joop Ubeda then it was because the fight was in Instanboel now personal problems..Rico kicked his ass period an Ghita always comes short in important fights.

11. tfcfights

tfcfights Purple Belt

Here comes the Ghita nuthuggers.

Like I have said for two years on here he beats up on bums and loses when he fights top notch guys.

He does have good victories but when the times get tough. The savage samurai turns into the average samurai.

Loss to Schilt twice
    Loss to saki what two or three times?
    L to hesdy
    L to Rico
    L to poturak
    Shit even Gregory tony took care of him.

King saki will be on top again soon

12. tfcfights

tfcfights Purple Belt

And it was a bad matchup for saki ricco was just too much bigger. Saki needs too move down fight spong or get a rematch saki looked like he was a little too pumped first fight on American tv he even pushed the ref.

Oh and ricco beat the average samurai after a war or a 3 rd battle Ghita was fresh.

13. GustavHolst**

GustavHolst** Purple Belt

Saki is a very poor loser and claims that he's done fighting in America.

14. Muay o Muay

Muay o Muay Purple Belt

Gotta be some sort of sarcasm rather than confusion, i really hope the authority hasnt embarrassed himself...again....

15. Ryeyou

Ryeyou Yellow Belt

Daniel Ghita = The Artur Kyshenko of heavyweight division.He is always so close to win but never does.Props to Rico Verhoven for winning the tournament even though the knockdown vs saki wasn't a knockdown.

16. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Green Belt

Saki is acting like such a damn tool.

17. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Green Belt

I wouldn't say that Ghita never won, when he held the showtime belt it was the biggest title at HW. I'm a big Ghita fan and I think his heart was not all there, but that's on him, the fact of the mater is the best man won last night, Rico's perseverance technical skill and hard work won the night.

18. sparkles

sparkles Purple Belt

Nobody kicked Ghita his ass. It was a competitive fight, Verhoeven was on roll pretty much as Hunt was for instance in the K-1 2001 GP. His win over Saki gave him a huge boost.

Ghita is a great fighter, this mistake he made here is that he lost control. Instead of picking his shots and countering with big shots as he did vs Silva, he wanted it too bad and he seemed too anxious to get the win. He was just swinging shots instead of fighting in an intelligent way as he normally does. That of course is also the credit of Rico, he kept the pressure on and showed very good skills in there.

19. Frode Falch

Frode Falch Gold Belt Professional Fighter

If anybody was not themself last night, that was Saki..

20. Brocktoberfest

Brocktoberfest Brown Belt

Just watched the fights, and this times 1000. The bumsquads doing its work swimmingly. Verhoeven outclassed him badly.