#GGGJacobs official - March 18 HBO PPV

I don't really see whats so out of line about it. Its the best fight to be made at 160 unless Golovkin fights Canelo and I doubt you'd have issue with Golovkin wanting big pay to fight Canelo.

The point is they're acting like they're entitled to kudos for fighting the best guy at their weight class. It's the legacy of FMJ, where fighting the best is some sort of rare even worthy of praise, rather than SOP.

Jesus Christ. Is it your first reaction in any given situation to immediately find something to bitch about? A healthy majority of boxing fans around the internet did claim that Jacobs would duck Golovkin, but then he didn't. That's why he said it was gratifying to actually get the deal done. Surely you can understand this situation, or do you need some pictures?

I understand the picture and that is that the sport is so pathetic right now that fighting the best guy in your division is some sort of heroic, praise worthy event.

It should be expected, not praised.

I understand the picture and that is that the sport is so pathetic right now that fighting the best guy in your division is some sort of heroic, praise worthy event.

It should be expected, not praised.

Except they didn't say that. He said it was gratifying to get the fight done because a lot of boxing fans thought they'd duck. No one was asking for praise, they just said it was nice to prove people (who don't really have any clue what's going on behind the scenes yet still insist on making bold claims) wrong. Again, what a fucking bizarre reaction to this news.

The point is they're acting like they're entitled to kudos for fighting the best guy at their weight class. It's the legacy of FMJ, where fighting the best is some sort of rare even worthy of praise, rather than SOP.
boy you must be the absolute life of the party

Jesus Christ. Is it your first reaction in any given situation to immediately find something to bitch about? A healthy majority of boxing fans around the internet did claim that Jacobs would duck Golovkin, but then he didn't. That's why he said it was gratifying to actually get the deal done. Surely you can understand this situation, or do you need some pictures?

I'll admit when Jacobs and team were first holding out for a 60-40 purse split from the WBA, I was a bit hesitant that Jacobs didn't want the fight, and was pricing himself out, and it's pro sports, this is his livelihood here hold out for more $$ if you can I get it, (different sport, but same idea) why settle for $80 Million when you could possibly land $120?

but I get the jist of what Stuff Jones is saying as bottom line .. why should you have to prove people wrong, by stepping up and fighting the best?

GGG fighting the top MW contender? I'll believe it when I see them in the ring.

I'll admit when Jacobs and team were first holding out for a 60-40 purse split from the WBA, I was a bit hesitant that Jacobs didn't want the fight, and was pricing himself out, and it's pro sports, this is his livelihood here hold out for more $$ if you can I get it, (different sport, but same idea) why settle for $80 Million when you could possibly land $120?

but I get the jist of what Stuff Jones is saying as bottom line .. why should you have to prove people wrong, by stepping up and fighting the best?

Well, it would be great if a lot of boxing fans weren't extremely partisan and constantly making bold claims without evidence, but that's not the world we live in. The general gist of 90% of what Stuff Jones posts on here is whining for the sake of whining.

Yeah, how fucking dare they price it so normal folks like me can actually afford to go. The nerve.
Why you gotta be a B, B?
25% of the arena priced at $100 for "normal folks"?

You sound poor.

What was the final split?

25% of the arena priced at $100 for "normal folks"?

You sound poor.
Who's supposed to care how much promoters make at the gate(other than promoters)? Affordable tickets can be nothing but good for fans who want to see a fight live at the arena. Makes it more likely to avoid a lot of comped tickets.

If someone fights on showtime normally does that always mean they have an exclusive contract with them or just sometimes?

If someone fights on showtime normally does that always mean they have an exclusive contract with them or just sometimes?

No. Very few guys have exclusive network contracts

boy you must be the absolute life of the party

This is a party?

It's fans like you who defend this and praise fighters for making the fights they're supposed to make who have led us to this sorry state in boxing where promoters and fighters puff out their chest about proving realistic fans wrong.

No troll accounts to tell RR he was wrong?

Crickets?

This is a party?

It's fans like you who defend this and praise fighters for making the fights they're supposed to make who have led us to this sorry state in boxing where promoters and fighters puff out their chest about proving realistic fans wrong.
You are better than this

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

This is a party?

maybe I'm enjoying all the great fights boxing has produced for us instead of shitting my pants and crying because two or three fights that I wanted didn't get made. Maybe I realize that I shouldn't be an armchair warrior and I should be praising guys like GGG and Jacobs for getting in the ring with their biggest challenge yet. Maybe, unlike you, I'm a fan of boxing out of two or three fights. I was thrilled when Moreno/Yamanka II was made and I was thrilled when Usyk/Glowacki was made; both exceptional fights. But of course, if you're stuff jones, all these great fights don't matter because HEY, GGG and Canelo aren't fighting!

You seem like the kind of kid who got a Ferrari from his parents and then proceeded to cry and whine because he didn't get a Lamborghini. How unfair :(

Do you really even like boxing? I don't think I've seen you have anything positive to say so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back