#GGGJacobs official - March 18 HBO PPV

Yes, but the fight still got done so no worries. Losing the 10th wasn't ideal but it is what it is.
Thanks. How long until we hear about the rest of the card? Anyway I'm excited for this. Should be good.

RR, was it hard to work with HBO, because isn't Danny Haymon? Or is that a non-issue really?

Dont you wish Showtime won the bid so we get to watch it for free?

^Showtime (like HBO) is also premium cable, so I don't see where you get free. Kinda a bummer this is PPV, even though Jacobs-Golovkin is a better match up when compared to David Lemieux

^Showtime (like HBO) is also premium cable, so I don't see where you get free. Kinda a bummer this is PPV, even though Jacobs-Golovkin is a better match up when compared to David Lemieux
Showtime has the budget and has said they would broadcast the fight on the Network. $15 a month.

HBO is making you pay $54.99 IN ADDITION to making you pay $15 or whatever a month.

Oh wow, what a scoop, no wait we've all known about this for months and you kept crapping on Rr, keep being fat dans bitch and let the grown ups talk about boxing

Showtime has the budget and has said they would broadcast the fight on the Network. $15 a month.

HBO is making you pay $54.99 IN ADDITION to making you pay $15 or whatever a month.

I know the difference between premium cable and PPV, thanks.

**who's to say HBO would have allowed for GGG to fight on their rival network? It was never said if Golovkin had a clause in his contract that allowed for that.

I never liked the "we don't have the budget to put it on regular HBO, so lets go PPV" route, as point blank it makes the fight less accessible to fans, plus from the time GGG fought Lemieux (150k PPV buys) how much has he expanded his name? Fighting a NY native in Danny Jacobs will surely help ticket sales, but realistically what can be expected from it as far as PPV sales go?

Lol at Jacob's team patting themselves on the back for fighting someone in their division for 3 million dollars. This is what boxing has come to, hasn't it? Fighting who you're supposed to fight warrants praise?

http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-manager-proved-90-fans-wrong-by-facing-golovkin--111869

Seeing how other combar sports have avoided defending the belt to legitimate no1 contenders (recently) in today's world it deserves praise but if you just compare it to other boxing champions exclusively then not so much since most boxing champions do fight the number 1
threat more often than not

Feels like GGG wasted a few months of his career chasing this fight. PPV numbers won't be good.

Lol at Jacob's team patting themselves on the back for fighting someone in their division for 3 million dollars. This is what boxing has come to, hasn't it? Fighting who you're supposed to fight warrants praise?

http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-manager-proved-90-fans-wrong-by-facing-golovkin--111869
I don't really see whats so out of line about it. Its the best fight to be made at 160 unless Golovkin fights Canelo and I doubt you'd have issue with Golovkin wanting big pay to fight Canelo.

What with the HTML parsing the % sign out, I thought that headline read "Jacobs' manager proved 90 fans wrong by facing Golovkin".

Imagine my disappointment when I clicked on the link, & found out RR did not actually go around counting "haters" on boxing forums.

Such cheap ticket prices. Dumb move imo

They could charge $300 for cheapest tickets and it will still sell out. Jacobs is from NY

Yeah, how fucking dare they price it so normal folks like me can actually afford to go. The nerve.
Why you gotta be a B, B?

Nice, at last GGG get's an opponent.
Danny probably took huge encouragement from the Brook fight, Kell was landing at will, a bigger stronger man with comparable talent could prove to be a world of hurt for the Khazac.

that and the fact that Danny doesn't seem like the guy who would turn down a fight in any circumstance.

GGG is a very winnable fight for him, but then again...Its GGG we're talkinga bout!

Jesus Christ. Is it your first reaction in any given situation to immediately find something to bitch about? A healthy majority of boxing fans around the internet did claim that Jacobs would duck Golovkin, but then he didn't. That's why he said it was gratifying to actually get the deal done. Surely you can understand this situation, or do you need some pictures?

Back