GGG vs Murata April 9th DAZN

GGG and his management need to do something different. By this time GGG is so old and he still hasn't unified 160 yet.

All it takes is one boxer or one promoter and a division cannot be unified, it has very little to do with actual skill unless the champs trying to unify are under the same umbrella.

in japan

Attachments

• TenTenDance.gif
    TenTenDance.gif
    496.9 KB · Views: 4
Cant expect too much from 39 year old ggg
Hope he wins and retire

Charlo's been around for many years, hasnt fought anyone, extremely underwhelming.
Nah the Derevyanchenko fight proved hes elite as he did better than GGG & a prime young Jacobs did.

Charlo's been around for many years, hasnt fought anyone, extremely underwhelming.
Hes waiting for that Canelo payday. But he had better wins at 154 than hes had at 160. Derevyanchenko is a decent win but thats one of those guys who gets touted for making fights difficult, yet never wins a Championship.

All it takes is one boxer or one promoter and a division cannot be unified, it has very little to do with actual skill unless the champs trying to unify are under the same umbrella.

Pretty much. As far as just the WBC belt goes, Sergio Martinez and Cotto avoided GGG, then Canelo did with the lineal title from 2015 until late 2017 after he was past his peak. (I think he ditched the WBC belt also rather than fight prime GGG)

You are right. That's years that one belt was kept away from one legit name.

I just want GGG to fight again, his last fight was almost one year ago, and we don't how much (or even if) he has declined.
A good show here could propel a third fight with Canelo, maybe it could be his last fight, even if at a higher weight?
I doubt he wins it, but from his financial perspective it would be a major payday, and maybe its ride to the sunset.

For fans its guaranteed fireworks :)

Canelo's prime was just beginning in the GGG fights. I do not see GGG handling Canelo's power at this point in his career, good chin or not.

People have short memories. Manny was supposed to obliterate 39 year old JMM in their 3rd fight. Then at 40 or 41 JMM ended the rivalry.

GGG just might be Canelo's vice. Hope we get the 3rd fight.

Back