GGG vs Canelo III?

I think it depends on your definition of cherry picking. To most, cherry picking means picking an easy fight.

Moving up two classes to fight one of the best LHWs of the past decade isn't that, even if the guy is a little past it.
i think some people might be underestimating the jump in weight.

I just think its a bad style fight for Kovalev.

I agree its a big jump.
i wouldn't have bet two cents on canelo a few years ago, these days i think he has really improved while kovalev has slipped a bit. if kovalev lands hard on canelo early he could still outpoint him, i just don't know if he's capable.

"Non corrupt decision" = Canelo losing.

Sort of tired of this narrative for every fight.

The denial from Canelo fans about his PED use and the favourable scoring he gets is equally tiresome. It would be nice if both could meet in the middle...

The denial from Canelo fans about his PED use and the favourable scoring he gets is equally tiresome. It would be nice if both could meet in the middle...
Canelo was suspended for PEDs.

Favorable scoring is just forum speak for you not agreeing with the score.

Two words: Adalaide Byrd
Two words: Bad judge.

Thats not Canelo's fault and I'm bored with people using is as an excuse to call every one of his fights a robbery.

Two words: Bad judge.

Thats not Canelo's fault and I'm bored with people using is as an excuse to call every one of his fights a robbery.
I never said it applied to all his fights, but it's stupid to just ignore it alltogether.

It cost GGG that first fight.

It's 1-1 at best for Canelo.

I never said it applied to all his fights, but it's stupid to just ignore it alltogether.

It cost GGG that first fight.

It's 1-1 at best for Canelo.
It didn't really cost him the fight as one judge had it even as well. There's no reason to assume a different judge wouldn't see it even or close for Canelo. Thats the only reason that fight is controversial.

I honestly didn't think any other fights he's been in were questionable. Lara fight wasn't that close and the Trout fight got fucked up by open scoring.

Even a shot to shit Kovalev can fuck tiny ginger canelo up. Unfortunately like a poster already mentioned, all Clenelo has to do is make it to the final bell.

It didn't really cost him the fight as one judge had it even as well. There's no reason to assume a different judge wouldn't see it even or close for Canelo. Thats the only reason that fight is controversial.

I honestly didn't think any other fights he's been in were questionable. Lara fight wasn't that close and the Trout fight got fucked up by open scoring.
Well if it was a judge with a functioning brain there wouldn't be so much controversy.

Another judge might have given GGG the advantage, why easily assume another judge would've given it to Canelo as well?

You're favouring Canelo here obviously, which I have no problem with since I'm favouring GGG. But don't act like you have a neutral view on it then please

Canelo was suspended for PEDs.

Favorable scoring is just forum speak for you not agreeing with the score.

True, but some of his fans try to downplay it or suggest that tainted meat bullshit. You realize he would have had to be eating a kilogram of taco meat on the reg in order to get popped for that much?

Favourable scoring is not some line. Look at the wide scoring he gets or favourable scoring: CJ Ross in the Mayweather fight, the wide card in the Lara fight. The wide Byrd card in GGG 1.

But again, this is what I mean: being so impossible makes it hard to have a conservation in the middle.

True, but some of his fans try to downplay it or suggest that tainted meat bullshit. You realize he would have had to be eating a kilogram of taco meat on the reg in order to get popped for that much?

Favourable scoring is not some line. Look at the wide scoring he gets or favourable scoring: CJ Ross in the Mayweather fight, the wide card in the Lara fight. The wide Byrd card in GGG 1.

But again, this is what I mean: being so impossible makes it hard to have a conservation in the middle.
I just didn't see the Lara fight as all that close, honestly.

It's just getting tiresome, people are complaining about decisions before there is even a fight.

I just didn't see the Lara fight as all that close, honestly.

It's just getting tiresome, people are complaining about decisions before there is even a fight.

I get that, and I understand how it can be a bit deflating to those looking forward to a Canelo fight. It takes the wind out of the build up. I got annoyed when people would, many years ago, say that GGG should step up in competition, or that his next fight is a waste of time due to his opponent, when the reality is that GGG can't force a guy into the ring with him. He was avoided and got unfairly scorned by some boxing fans.

So I get how the rekindling of old ideas can be tiresome.

The complaints about some of the dubious scoring though comes from a place of discouragment more than genuine hate (for a bunch of people, I am assuming, at least). For the record, I felt Canelo beat Lara, but one of the cards at least to my recollection was just bogus. I thought the knockdown sealed the Trout fight for Canelo if there was any doubt among objective watchers (I agree about the open scoring hurting a fight).

I know Canelo isn't to blame for some things, but by being a part of these past fights with bad scores, people expect some crooked or asinine card to be on its way in his future fights. Behaviour is habit-forming, so many fans got here from past experiences.

So, while perhaps he is not always to blame, he sure is the beneficiary, and I think that's where the frustration comes from: that good, honest efforts from his opponents gets sideswiped by bullshit cards in some cases.

Im a Canelo fan and commonly refer to him as Clenelo. What denial? He was caught and punished as the athletic commissions and boxing associations see fit to punish people.

Unless he tests positive again theres really nothing left to discuss about it.

Even a shot to shit Kovalev can fuck tiny ginger canelo up. Unfortunately like a poster already mentioned, all Clenelo has to do is make it to the final bell.
If its so easy for Kovalev to fuck up the tiny ginger why would he see the final bell? Probably because you dont actually believe Kovalev will fuck up the tiny ginger?

If its so easy for Kovalev to fuck up the tiny ginger why would he see the final bell? Probably because you dont actually believe Kovalev will fuck up the tiny ginger?

He'll play it safe and try not to die. Wont be getting past the jab. Cant wait to see what kind of rehydration rules the gingerlet will attempt to implement

He'll play it safe and try not to die. Wont be getting past the jab. Cant wait to see what kind of rehydration rules the gingerlet will attempt to implement
Lol so you actually mean hell outbox Kovalev and youll complain about him not trading with him? Fat Dan indicated it would be what the IBF follows, 10lbs. No catch weight.

I like both fighters, I think Canelo is top three of this current generation and Kovalev was a good LHW, so with the weight differential it could be a great fight. Great risk for Canelo IMO.

Im a Canelo fan and commonly refer to him as Clenelo. What denial? He was caught and punished as the athletic commissions and boxing associations see fit to punish people.

Unless he tests positive again theres really nothing left to discuss about it.

Not all are as willing to be objective as you, my friend. And I don't limit my anecdotal observations to this forum.

Back