GGG vs Canelo III?

He’s definately cherry picking Kovalev. That’s not even in question. Just like he cherry picked fielding. There’s nothing wrong with that as he is giving away height and size. But it’s cherry picking non the less. These are easily the weakest champions in their respective divisions. Most wouldn’t even consider Rocky a champion
Hes cherry picking by fighting two classes higher against a champion and the biggest name?

The standards that Canelo are held to are hilarious. Legitimately lol @ Kovalev being a weak champion.

Canelo beats Golovkin again and youll all cry that he beat an old Golovkin again.
You're acting like he dominated GGG before. He clenned his way to a draw which should have gone to GGG

Hes cherry picking by fighting two classes higher against a champion and the biggest name?

The standards that Canelo are held to are hilarious. Legitimately lol @ Kovalev being a weak champion.

Of course he’s cherry picking. We all know he wants his belt and it’s happening because he’s not the fighter he was. Have I bitched about him doing? Have I fck, as per the post you are responding to. I’m pointing out the obvious. That is the definition of cherry picking. I’d you disagree then give me a better definition of the word

Kovalev nearly got stopped a few weeks ago by a guy who’s been boxing 5 minutes, and has beaten nobody in the top 25 at best. He absolutely is a weak champion based on the other belt holders, and how much he’s fallen from his peak

So he didn’t cherry pick fielding either I suppose?

You're acting like he dominated GGG before. He clenned his way to a draw which should have gone to GGG
Can you show me where I said he dominated Golovkin? I cant seem to find it.

He cleanly beat Golovkin in the second go around and people complained. Hell do it again and people will still complain. The point is, some folks will complain no matter what he does unless he loses. Then theyll claim he was always overrated.

Of course he’s cherry picking. We all know he wants his belt and it’s happening because he’s not the fighter he was. Have I bitched about him doing? Have I fck, as per the post you are responding to. I’m pointing out the obvious. That is the definition of cherry picking. I’d you disagree then give me a better definition of the word

Kovalev nearly got stopped a few weeks ago by a guy who’s been boxing 5 minutes, and has beaten nobody in the top 25 at best. He absolutely is a weak champion based on the other belt holders, and how much he’s fallen from his peak

So he didn’t cherry pick fielding either I suppose?
Were discussing Kovalev arent we? Not Fielding? I cant seem to find my post where I said Fielding was anything but a joke.

Hes fighting a top ranked champion two weight classes higher. This is a fact. Pretending that Kovalev is some washed up bum is completely ridiculous. This isnt some walk in the park matchup.

Almost identical odds vs Kova as he had vs Jacobs. Must have been that cherry picking taking an easy fight there also.

Can you show me where I said he dominated Golovkin? I cant seem to find it.

He cleanly beat Golovkin in the second go around and people complained. Hell do it again and people will still complain. The point is, some folks will complain no matter what he does unless he loses. Then theyll claim he was always overrated.
I said you were acting like he dominated GGG.

Clearly the fight(s) wasn't/weren't as one-sided as you are inclining it/them to be

I said you were acting like he dominated GGG.

Clearly the fight(s) wasn't/weren't as one-sided as you are inclining it/them to be
How did you interpret what I wrote as “acting like he dominated GGG”? Its not my fault if youre seeing what you want to see, as I said no such thing.

I literally didnt suggest or mention a single thing about how close or not close either fight was.

Were discussing Kovalev arent we? Not Fielding? I cant seem to find my post where I said Fielding was anything but a joke.

Hes fighting a top ranked champion two weight classes higher. This is a fact. Pretending that Kovalev is some washed up bum is completely ridiculous. This isnt some walk in the park matchup.

And I’ve not said any of that have I. I said canelo is cherry picking kov because he has a title that he feels he can win. I haven’t knocked him for it, which I alluded to in the post that you replied to. Do you not think Kovalev is well on the slide? Would he be taking on Kovalev if he was the fighter he was 3-4 years ago? He has picked him because it is the right time to fight him and he has a title in a weight class he’s not fought in. It’s the absolute epitome of a cherry pick

And I’ve not said any of that have I. I said canelo is cherry picking kov because he has a title that he feels he can win. I haven’t knocked him for it, which I alluded to in the post that you replied to. Do you not think Kovalev is well on the slide? Would he be taking on Kovalev if he was the fighter he was 3-4 years ago? He has picked him because it is the right time to fight him and he has a title in a weight class he’s not fought in. It’s the absolute epitome of a cherry pick
I dont think Kovalev is at his peak. I do think Kovalev is still a top dog and a very dangerous fight. That alone means its not cherry picking.

You dont “cherry pick” top ranked dangerous fighters. You most certainly dont “cherry pick” top ranked dangerous fighters two weight classes above yours. That is entirely contradicting to cherry picking.

I think it depends on your definition of cherry picking. To most, cherry picking means picking an easy fight.

Moving up two classes to fight one of the best LHWs of the past decade isn't that, even if the guy is a little past it.

Canelo knows that he just needs to see a final bell to get decisions no matter how badly he lost the fight.

How did you interpret what I wrote as “acting like he dominated GGG”? Its not my fault if youre seeing what you want to see, as I said no such thing.

I literally didnt suggest or mention a single thing about how close or not close either fight was.
The way you stated it made me think you implied that the fights were never close.

You seemed to say it as "he'll just beat GGG again" as if it' s child's play

The way you stated it made me think you implied that the fights were never close.

You seemed to say it as "he'll just beat GGG again" as if it' s child's play
He clearly beat Golovkin in the second fight, and people complained because “Golovkin is old”.

Now those same people are crying because hes not fighting an even older Golovkin right now, and instead is taking a younger, much bigger, and more dangerous fight.

He clearly beat Golovkin in the second fight, and people complained because “Golovkin is old”.

Now those same people are crying because hes not fighting an even older Golovkin right now, and instead is taking a younger, much bigger, and more dangerous fight.
it wasn't clear by any means. There were close rounds and he got out jabbed in every round, outlanded in an 8-3-1 rounds advantage to GGG and in not a single round did he throw more than GGG. The fight looked a lot different and he had much more success than the 1st fight, but this was a pick em fight based on what you liked more.

He'd earn more fighting Callum Smith at SMW, especially with the british/Scouse fans involved.

Hes not picking Kovalev because hes the biggest name, he's picking him because he has a belt in a higher weight division, and he feels very confident that he can win the fight. That is cherry picking in a nut shell! Do you honestly believe that he would be fighting Kov if he was still in his prime, without out actually moving up to the LHW? he wouldn't!

You gonna tell me he didn't cherry pick Rocky Fielding as well?

He fought Fielding after having 2 wars with GGG so I give him a pass for taking an easy fight. However, we obviously have different definitions of cherry-picking if you consider moving up 2 weight divisions to face the champion as doing so. Also, the hype behind this fight is going to be massive, no way would Callum Smith be a bigger fight. He's not a household name in Britain.

it wasn't clear by any means. There were close rounds and he got out jabbed in every round, outlanded in an 8-3-1 rounds advantage to GGG and in not a single round did he throw more than GGG. The fight looked a lot different and he had much more success than the 1st fight, but this was a pick em fight based on what you liked more.
Dont care who likes who more. Thought the outcome of the second was quite clear. First fight is an entirely different story imo.

I think it depends on your definition of cherry picking. To most, cherry picking means picking an easy fight.

Moving up two classes to fight one of the best LHWs of the past decade isn't that, even if the guy is a little past it.

He’s moving up to fight him because he has a belt, and at this point in his career he is more beatable. And it looks fcking great for his legacy. Im digging him out for it, it is a ballsy move because of the size difference. But imo that is cherry picking. I don’t believe hed be calling out anyone 2 weight classes higher, at this particular point in his career, if Kovalev was not on the slide. Quite frankly he’s be mad to

Man, I hate to say it since I'm a huge GGG hugger, but I thought he clearly lost the second fight. I've scored it multiple times and I just think he had a bad gameplan and Canelo took it to him for the most part. GGG's never gonna get dominated if he's anywhere close to halfway himself but being as objective as possible, I do think Canelo clearly took the rematch.

That being said, GGG clearly took the first fight, imo. I don't see how Canelo won that, he was lucky to get a draw, imo. GGG really took it to him for the better part of the first bout, for sure.

A third fight favors Canelo, imo. GGG's age and mileage, all his ammy fights, wars in the pros going all the way back to Ouma back in the day. Canelo is in his physical prime, hasn't taken a whole lot of damage in his career (even tho he's been fighting as a pro for half his life), so yeah it'll be tough for GGG who's closing in on 40 y/o to beat Canelo in the trilogy. We'll see how he fares if it ever does happen but I assume Canelo would be favored by bookies and I would favor him as well by that point, esp.

Back