GGG past it! Ex Best friend says STOPPAGE IMMINENT

Well, if they were RAMROD JABS!!! Then GGG wins!

Call Boxrec and tell them to overturn the result, the council of fans have determined a ruling on the grounds of super jabs.

I like the way I score fights. Who ever gets hit the most in each round loses.

That's why I like compubox because I can check to see if I was right.

Yeah buddy casual all day.

50 jabs over 12 rounds is an average of about 4 jabs per round. 4 jabs per round is the difference between a close fight and domination?

Thing is, you have, in the past, talked about how fights are scored by the round, not by averages. Golovkin out punched him and his jab gave him control - that is effective aggression, on top of being a clean punch. Golovkin outpunched him, he won a close fight but a fight that was his. Averages don't belong here.

Call Boxrec and tell them to overturn the result, the council of fans have determined a ruling on the grounds of super jabs.

What the jab does factors into scoring criteria. How hard it hits, how it changes the nature of fight. These are just some of the many considerations.

Don't diminish the most versatile punch in a boxer's arsenal.

Now now don't be silly!!! GGG's jabs are closer to power punches when compared to the average jab. He jabs hard and with mean intention and that counts when it comes to scoring.

I'd love that Boxrec would overturn the decision based on Byrd awful incompetent/corrupt 118-110 scorecard.

The great mexican boxing mind Nacho Bernistien , who is friends with the Alvarez family (he claims , snicker) says Canelo can not adjust he fights the same throws the same combos.

If that's the case and I trust his unbaised assessment , then the fight will either play out in a close GGG decision or ko win for GGG

If that is the case then I agree with that. I would like to see GGG stop him though, but props to Canelo, he took some big shots in the first fight so he definitely has whiskers

If that is the case then I agree with that. I would like to see GGG stop him though, but props to Canelo, he took some big shots in the first fight so he definitely has whiskers
GGG revealed he took it easy on him, so a ko is going happen

Nah, they whine. Same sort of fans that boycott everything whenever Pac loses. "Wah! The judges! Wah! Press row! Wah! Polls! Wah! Compubox!" Its always telling because the one thing they never do is justify their opinion.

Certain fighters tend to have fans that get pissy and personal when their guy is criticized. Golovkin is one of those.

Man that was reaching, ggg fans are nowhere near Pac-Mans. And people rightfully complained on the canelo match, I mean it’s not like canelo has been in some seriously suspicious scores before, I mean it’s not like there was an outrageous score card on this fight either. ;)

I like the way I score fights. Who ever gets hit the most in each round loses.

That's why I like compubox because I can check to see if I was right.

Yeah buddy casual all day.
I've watched compubox miss punches in real time lots of times.

Golovkin definitely won a close fight in the first go round, but I have to agree with Berman here. Unless Canelo looks completely different physically, I see him taking the rematch. GGG is a year older and will most likely be the fighter we're used to seeing. While Canelo has more adjustments he can make (output, energy conservation, countering when moving out of corners).

I've watched compubox miss punches in real time lots of times.
I doubt it's that far off though. Just about every fight I score the way I score it is in line with compubox.

I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing lol.

Now now don't be silly!!! GGG's jabs are closer to power punches when compared to the average jab. He jabs hard and with mean intention and that counts when it comes to scoring.

I'd love that Boxrec would overturn the decision based on Byrd awful incompetent/corrupt 118-110 scorecard.
If Byrds score had been 115-113 Canelo, would you have accepted the result of first fight?

If Byrds score had been 115-113 Canelo, would you have accepted the result of first fight?
In all likelihood (even though I personally had GGG winning) I'd have been happy enough with that. But Canelo winning 10 rounds no way

I doubt it's that far off though. Just about every fight I score the way I score it is in line with compubox.

I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing lol.
Its good as a supporter to an argument. Its not good as THE argument.

Something worth noting before the rematch Saturday night. This was certainly Canelo's biggest moment of the fight, his 'Sunday punch' that nearly took GGG's head off. The video below has over 2.1 million views. It was the most eye-catching shot and even had Canelo surprised that GGG ate it like a fun size Snickers bar at Halloween. A precedent had now been set. GGG's chin was fully tested and passed with flying colors, mandibular strength subsequently rated to be of Adamantium grade, and the rest is history.

Not so fast. There's a little more to the story.
Back in 2016 (one of several posts regarding GGG's defense)

GGG does some subtle things that many fans don't see. They'd actually have to watch film to see it.
Published late August 2018
[timestamped]

That bomb which was thrown at 4:50 in the above film study happens to be the same monster shot (overhand right) that Canelo blasted GGG with.

“Whereas GGG's efficient jab helps him to conserve energy, Canelo's high-impact, explosive offense eats away at his stamina. Amplifying this problem is GGG's sturdy chin and ability to shoulder ride and subtly roll with punches.Lee Wylie
giphy.gif

In all likelihood (even though I personally had GGG winning) I'd have been happy enough with that. But Canelo winning 10 rounds no way
yeah that Byrd score was off, but I think (even though i score it for Canelo) they called it right and the draw was best outcome. Itll be a killer rematch, like Xmas for Boxing, looking forward to Saturday. Enjoy the fight brother.

I had Canelo winning. Several other posters here did as well.

I agree it could have gone either way.
I thought he took it as well but the only reason I was shocked by the draw was because the judges actually managed to get one right, albeit in a round about way.

Close fight can't wait for the rematch.

As far as the doping, I believe they all bend and break rules to gain an advantage however they can.

Back