GGG past it! Ex Best friend says STOPPAGE IMMINENT

Yes, it does. Judging a fight is not done by counting punches at the end of the round. There's 4 clear scoring criteria.
and three of those are somehow tied to landing punches. you don't think a case can be made for golovkin to win on clean punching and effective aggression?

defense probably goes to canelo. no argument here.

but let me guess, ring generalship goes to canelo because he wants to be on the ropes? but not to GGG because he wants him on the ropes.

plenty of people have justified their opinion, you just choose to not listen and call them whiners.

and three of those are somehow tied to landing punches. you don't think a case can be made for golovkin to win on clean punching and effective aggression?

defense probably goes to canelo. no argument here.

but let me guess, ring generalship goes to canelo because he wants to be on the ropes? but not to GGG because he wants him on the ropes.

plenty of people have justified their opinion, you just choose to not listen and call them whiners.
No, 1 of those is clean effective punching. Canelo landed more power shots in more rounds if you want to get into the punch counting category. Effective aggression isn't just a code word for scoring punching twice either. Golovkin got outboxed, he got hit with more eye catching punches.

When judges see one guy chasing and failing to adjust and one guy smoothly boxing and countering, the second guy is getting the nod.

I like it how both GGG and Canelo fans's views on the fight are both very questionable when you watch it again. Both the "Canelo did nothing but hang for dear life" and "GGG couldn't land anything significant" narratives hardly hold water. Canelo actually stopped GGG in his tracks and went after him a fair amount of times, and GGG tagged Canelo with many heavy punches, even if he missed quite a few of them. That's what makes it a drawish - and excellent - fight.

No, 1 of those is clean effective punching. Canelo landed more power shots in more rounds if you want to get into the punch counting category. Effective aggression isn't just a code word for scoring punching twice either. Golovkin got outboxed, he got hit with more eye catching punches.

When judges see one guy chasing and failing to adjust and one guy smoothly boxing and countering, the second guy is getting the nod.
i said all three are tied to landing punches. defense has nothing to do with the number of punches landed vs thrown? effective aggression has nothing to do with power shots landed? the punch stats definitely don't tell the whole story, but you're disregarding them as whining because you don't like what they're showing, as if the scoring criteria is completely separated from who managed to punch the other guy more.

lol at one guy chasing and failing, while the other guy is smoothly boxing. golovkin was chasing and failing to adjust so badly he outlanded his opponent in every round, while landing a nearly identical number of eye catching punches.

what canelo did to floyd is chasing and failing to adjust, while floyd was boxing smoothly. and what canelo did against golovkin was nothing like what floyd did to him.

and one of those three judges wasn't watching the fight. incidentally, that's also the only judge that thought canelo was winning.

Best friend wants to shift the line in his favour.

I see what you're doing, best friend.

I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo actually stops GGG, I had GGG winning a close fight or a draw, then I watched it again and had Canelo winning the fight by a couple of rounds.

But I can see a draw because of the middle rounds when Canelo played defensive Floyd and made GGG miss or land grazing punches, then Canelo is throwing flurries of punches, or doing nothing but jabbing and moving, then i can see people giving GGG those rounds and I have no problem with that.

But both seem to be on the same level skills wise and being able to take each others punches and Canelo seems to be the only fighter GGG fought that can actually hang with him and give it back and take it.

Canelo can stop GGG, or get an easy win just by staying more busy and using his jab more, while making GGG miss and pay.

Canelo simply can't try and pull off a Floyd type victory, by not being super busy and just making GGG miss some punches and then hold his hand up after every round and bobbing and weaving on the ropes, this isn't going to sway the judges and he's no Floyd offensive and defensive wise, only Floyd can due this, because of his quicker footwork and incredible defensive abilities and his offensive skills.

Canelo does what he did in their first fight and then stay busy making GGG miss and pay using a power jab and flurries to out point GGG and he's winning this fight easy on points, it all depends on his gas tank, and ring intelligence.

Canelo might just win a close fight by unanimous decision, because judges tend to vote this way after a draw and give it to the younger boxer that boxes more and seems to control the fight, by making the other fighter miss his punches.

in case you didn't know that leewylie posted a video about the fight.

pretty great insight that Canelo's movement's cause him to exert a ton of energy, whereas GGG's built in/less flashy way about it helps him conserve his energy.

He was out-punched in most of the rounds. In the rounds where it was close, the power punches from Canelo were only slightly larger, but the hard jabs were a landslide for Golovkin. Golovkin outpunched him in more rounds, hence Golovkin won.

I like it how both GGG and Canelo fans's views on the fight are both very questionable when you watch it again. Both the "Canelo did nothing but hang for dear life" and "GGG couldn't land anything significant" narratives hardly hold water. Canelo actually stopped GGG in his tracks and went after him a fair amount of times, and GGG tagged Canelo with many heavy punches, even if he missed quite a few of them. That's what makes it a drawish - and excellent - fight.

I agree with everything but the "draw-ish" part. Golovkin won a hotly contested fight, but a draw is a stretch. Anyway, this has been belaboured time and again, so there's no point re-hashing. The fight is on its way.

The rematch is probably closer, much closer, because Golovkin is a year older and people seem to overlook what that does to an over 35 pressure fighter.

He was out-punched in most of the rounds. In the rounds where it was close, the power punches from Canelo were only slightly larger, but the hard jabs were a landslide for Golovkin. Golovkin outpunched him in more rounds, hence Golovkin won.
Power punches generally mean more than jabs in the eyes of the judges. You know this.

Golovkin didn't win.

I agree with everything but the "draw-ish" part. Golovkin won a hotly contested fight, but a draw is a stretch. Anyway, this has been belaboured time and again, so there's no point re-hashing. The fight is on its way.

The rematch is probably closer, much closer, because Golovkin is a year older and people seem to overlook what that does to an over 35 pressure fighter.

It's hardly a stretch, actually. If we stop discussing the whole fight and go round by round, then it is very possible to give Canelo rounds 1 to 3 and rounds 11 and 12. And rounds 6 and 10 are very close. I scored the fight live for GGG, but I can certainly see how it is a draw.

I don't know why everyone keeps talking about "Canelo will adjust more than GGG, therefore he probably wins a point decision"

What the fuck does Canelo have to adjust? What he was doing worked the whole fight. His cardio is what sucked. GGG was the one who had to press to even be in the fight, he was doing everything that had always worked before, putting his man on the ropes, and whatnot, just found out that Canelo felt super comfortable there and could win the fight off the ropes, was never in any real danger and hurt GGG alot countering off them. What the fuck other than cardio and maybe throwing more does Canelo need to change? He literally went to the ropes and took power naps in front of GGGs face to restore himself once tired. What the fuck fight did fans even watch?

It was close on cards, but Canelo was beating GGG up that night. Same as Ward beating the crap out of Kov their first fight. If Ward/Kov 1 had been 15 rnds, Kov wouldn't have seen round 15. Ward needed a round, maybe 2 to get him outta there. Nobody believed me about that, but low and behold, Kov was stopped next time around, the man whod been "robbed".
tenor.gif

I think Alvarez looked like the better fighter, but perhaps all that extra muscle he’s carrying is slowing him down a bit, because it seemed like he was having a hard time keeping up a consistent output. I didn’t really score the fight though, but I thought Golovkin took it narrowly on his workrate.

in case you didn't know that leewylie posted a video about the fight.

pretty great insight that Canelo's movement's cause him to exert a ton of energy, whereas GGG's built in/less flashy way about it helps him conserve his energy.

Yeah that's really good point about Canelo's style. He's similar to Mike Tyson in that both were known for their excellent head movement but that style is really draining and it's probably why both of them have stamina problems. Not to mention that they were both of stocky stature and well muscled which probably doesn't help their cardio.

Power punches generally mean more than jabs in the eyes of the judges. You know this.

Golovkin didn't win.
GGG's jabs were hard ramrod jabs. Those definitely score with the judges. Golovkin won

Based on what the judge's score the fights on, and what I saw (just my opinion):

Effective Aggression --- GGG was busier, but Canelo was more accurate overall. He countered GGG coming forward.
Ring Generalship --- Canelo made GGG follow him.
Defense --- I just remember GGG getting clapped coming in, and Canelo getting clapped on the ropes.
Hard and Clean Punches --- Canelo throws slaps at times. GGG hits with the knuckles.

The more I review the fight, and look at it the more I think the first one was a draw.

They basically matched each other from what I remember. I wouldn't argue a draw.

Golovkin didn't win.
4 power punches compared to over well over 50 stiff jabs? Those 4 punches must have been thrown from the moon if they were gonna land that hard and count for that much.

4 power punches compared to over well over 50 stiff jabs? Those 4 punches must have been thrown from the moon if they were gonna land that hard and count for that much.
50 jabs over 12 rounds is an average of about 4 jabs per round. 4 jabs per round is the difference between a close fight and domination?

Back