GGG past it! Ex Best friend says STOPPAGE IMMINENT

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
In a career of more than 40 years, Rodney Berman has worked with all kinds of participants in the sport of boxing. One of the many decorated boxers with whom he has worked is the current king of the medium weights, the Kazakh Gennady Golovkin . Berman did not hide that he was pleased to work with the middleweight champion, as he told Exclusive to World Boxing News a week earlier between Golovkin and Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. And here we share it with you.

"Let me tell you that all of your team and Golovkin is also probably the nicest fighter I've known in 40 years ," Berman told Exclusive to World Boxing News . "With what he has achieved and his general attitude, it is not a big deal, he is always smiling and always attentive to what you need." He is guided by Tom Loeffler , who is also a gentleman, so it has always been a pleasure to deal with them. In fact, in my career I would qualify him as the best fighter I had the privilege to work with, we had some really good fighters under our wing, Shane Mosely and the list goes on. "

"I'm not a coach, but having been involved so long, a promoter starts to see things that the camp can be blinded and the press does not see, I hope I'm wrong and I would not like anything more than Golovkin to win, but as I say to see his last fight or two, it's definitely not the Golovkin I saw five years ago. "

Canelo was recognized earlier this year after failing an anti-doping test in the run-up to the rematch scheduled for May 5. Speaking beyond his prediction of Canelo to win this fight, when asked if that detail would take relevance in the rematch, and Berman replied: "No, I do not think so." The press tends to make it bigger than it is, but I doubt it has any effect on the fight itself. "

Canelo did not pass his anti-doping test and he was found in the cupboard the banned substance clenbuterol and claimed that it was due to contaminated meat. Clenbuterol and performance enhancing substances are becoming common in the sport of boxing and Berman says it's hard to notice.

"No, I did not see it coming, to be honest, I did not follow it deeply and there are so many athletes today who are taking forbidden substances that are very borderline, it is more the rule and the norm now, you just notice it now, with all the athletes in any sport, "he concluded.

"Unfortunately, if my heart was in it, Golovkin would win the fight, but from what I saw in Golovkin five or six years ago in Monte Carlo and in his last fight: time is definitely catching up .. Unfortunately, I think Canelo is going to take this fight for points and possibly for a late stop, I do not think anyone agrees with me. "

diana_korkunova_sexy_girl_model_kazakhstan.jpg

cheers from Mexico

oh and link
http://izquierdazo.com/expromotor-d...s-esten-de-acuerdo-conmigo-pero-canelo-ganara

Here's the original source -> EXCLUSIVE: ‘I don’t think anyone will agree with me!’ Ex-GGG promoter Rodney Berman makes honest prediction for Canelo rematch
"I'm not a coach, but having been involved so long, a promoter starts to see things that the camp can be blinded and the press does not see, I hope I'm wrong and I would not like anything more than Golovkin to win, but as I say to see his last fight or two, it's definitely not the Golovkin I saw five years ago."
You could say that the excuses are already being written. Clearly, this guy is just trying to cover for GGG in case he does lose to Canelo. Pre-fight excuses from an ex-promoter? He sure is devoted to a guy that split with him. What an asshole!

PS. I presented you with a different perspective to interpret this "expert pick". It was then used to playfully counter Mark's shtick.

Last edited:
Lots of people thought Canelo won.

Canelo fans just whine less.

or they realize they are in the minority and dont have much argument.

Argument 1: take away Byrds universally accepted bogus score card, and you don't have judge that favored Canelo.

Argument 2: over whelming majority of boxers and boxing personalities favored GGG

Argument 3: Punch stats

Argument 4: Canelo constantly backing up, looking exhausted, and not throwing punches.

Canelo fans just whine less.
And CANelo Fans just like to look the other way about
Being a PED cheat who failed two tests
stacking his padding
the Foul Byrd scorecard
Trying to get custom, untested gloves

But we already know the side you're on.

We know the fervor if Gennady were the one with all those things against him.

Meh really wanted GGG but it did feel like a draw. And have to agree seems Canelo is more on an upswing with GGG on the down. The Mayweather fight upped Canelo's game who seems to have profited from some the defensive king's tactics

lol.. who?

Canelo didn't win -- neither did GGG. The fight truly was a draw.
I had Canelo winning. Several other posters here did as well.

I agree it could have gone either way.

Here's the original source -> EXCLUSIVE: ‘I don’t think anyone will agree with me!’ Ex-GGG promoter Rodney Berman makes honest prediction for Canelo rematch

You could say that the excuses are already being written. Clearly, this guy is just trying to cover for GGG in case he does lose to Canelo. Pre-fight excuses from an ex-promoter? He sure is devoted to a guy that split with him. What an asshole!

PS. I presented you with a different perspective to interpret this "expert pick". It was then used to playfully counter Mark's shtick.
Thank you for finding the OG source, On my google, all of it is Spanish lol...
Saw the article read it and damn what the hell I take responsibility for taking the lazy way out with Google Translate

That knee brace bothers me on Canelo, but I am not liking the rumors from GGG camp either.
has anyone seen this tidbit it's well done and the "dying in Spanish" killed me lol

Canelo won first fight!

Also, thread not a properly titled Marc A thread. Given the information in the interview, thread should have been titled "GGG past it! Ex Best friend says STOPPAGE IMMINENT!"

Ill give you a pass this time, though @Marc A because you remembered to post beautiful women. Enjoy the fights tonight brotha

She's not a trap. She's a Russian model named Diana Korkunóva that got her start on Instagram just like many other women over the last several years. She has over 1.4m IG followers.

PS. I had to look her up. We're good to go.

Back