GGG got robbed... Twice

They all know Canelo controlled the fight counter punched the hell out of GGG and made him miss, the only thing GGG was doing better was jabs, Canelo even did more body work then GGG.

Punch stats even tell you Canelo landed more power punches, and more body shots, but GGG landed more jabs and where i am from, someone doesn't win a fight landing less power punches and body shots, but only landing more jabs.

Also like everyone had seen, GGG didn't want to fight Mexican style and kept moving backwards and shackling his head after getting rocked, while Canelo was moving forward and backing GGG up.

They see what they want to see because it's a close fight maybe 2 round sway either way to most because fans want to give GGG the benefit of doubt, so they take advantage of this and claim GGG got robbed when the fight wasn't close and I had GGG only winning 4 rounds 8-rounds to 4 rounds Canelo.

But maybe some rounds could've went both ways and the better jabbing in certain rounds gave GGG more rounds, like the judges 115 to 113 Canelo and then certain fans saw it a draw.

But this fight was great but GGG lost and Canelo actually fought him not backing up and traded while GGG was gassing and looking worried as hell.

Canelo won rather easily, but could've shut him out with more body punches and jabs, the jabs made the fight seen closer then everyone thought.

Rematch Canelo works on his jabbing counters and leads more while throwing more body shots easier win next time.

Agreed completely. Judges paid off.
I don’t think judges were paid off, it was a close fight which could have gone either way tbh depending what was being focused on by a particular judge. Am a GGG fan and did think he edged it but I honestly can’t cry robbery as it was that close.

Here's the deal, don't recall ever when the Challenger is gifted these decisions.

GGG won imo.
Canelo got 2 fights gifted while he was caught for steroids. Ridicilious.

Watched it again. Even looking for reasons to give Canelo rounds, I can't see how he won that fight. At best for him, I could understand a draw.

Both of them are absolutely incredible fighters and its a shame that the 2 fights will be tainted in the memory by the frankly dodgy scoring.

It continually baffles me how MMA fans (especially) and some boxing fans don't understand the difference between a close decision that breaks against a fighter and a robbery.

Since fights are scored in discrete units (rounds), if you have a meaningful amount of 50/50 rounds, the fight as a whole can *reasonably* break for one fighter or the other.

I scored it a draw (same as the first fight actually), but the scoring was absolutely *reasonable*.

This is so fucking ridiculous.

Boxing fans are simply triggered to cry robbery anytime things don't go as they planned.

There was no robbery here, and the right man won the fight.

GGG and his staunch supporters need to learn how to accept defeat instead of being babies. He lost fair and square.

Whats really comical is GGG fans can't even point to compubox to support their claims....lol

First of all I had Canelo winning but GGG fans can point to compubox. He outlanded Canelo in more rounds than Canelo did.

DZvVKGdW0AANLh8.jpg

Fuck boxing. I can't blame Canelo, but I can blame the corrupt system that robbed GGG twice.
aid111135-v4-728px-Help-a-Friend-with-Depression-Step-5-Version-2.jpg

Robbed??? LOL This illogical outrage is funney as hell. I watch GGG get walked down by a smaller fighter after complaining that he ran the first fight. Canelo landed the better shots, was the aggressor, and was better defensively as well. It was a close fight but Canelo clearly one it. I'm loving the insane threads though, they are inadvertent comedy gold.

Canelo lost. He was rocked multiple times at the end. GGG out jabbed him by a huge margin and the power punches landed were almost even. 115-113 GGG all day

Had to work late last night, so I wasn’t able to watch the fight till just now. With all the buzz online I was expecting to see ggg wining by a couple close rounds but, I ended giving Canelo 7 rounds to Golovkin’s 4 with one round even. Canelo was sharper, had and stuck to a superior game plan, and controlled the center of the ring for most of the fight. It seems to me that GGG confirmed that he has a fundamental weakness that has been suggested since the Jacobs fight. He only really sets himself and throws his power shots when he feels at least relatively safe and comfortable. He has gotten through most of his competition without ever being in any real danger thanks to extensive amateur experience, power, and perhaps most important his perceived invincibility. Jacobs and Canelo were both able to take GGG out of his comfort zone with thier own unique elite skill sets, and more importantly they were not intimidated, and were willing to risk taking damage to impose thier game plans. This is a key trait that in my opinion is necessary to be consistently successful against the best of the best, something Golovkin hasn’t shown he possesses. I don’t think that Golovkin is going to develop that at this stage of his career, and I don’t think he has it in him to beat Canelo or a Jacobs anymore. Forget a third fight Jacobs vs Canelo is the future of the division.

m96jjd.jpg

Fan of both, but I think GGG won by a spliy.

Canelo won both times. The just bleed idiots got the stand and bang fight they wanted. Canelo kicked GGG's ass yet they still complain.

{<diva} .

Robbed??? LOL This illogical outrage is funney as hell. I watch GGG get walked down by a smaller fighter after complaining that he ran the first fight. Canelo landed the better shots, was the aggressor, and was better defensively as well. It was a close fight but Canelo clearly one it. I'm loving the insane threads though, they are inadvertent comedy gold.
He was also clearly the ring general in this one.

m96jjd.jpg

Lol this will get ignored Abel himself said no robbery

Repeat The trainer for GGG said Canelo won no robbery

CANELO HATERS :

<{CMPALM}> LA LA LA LA LA !! I DIDN'T SEE IT, SO IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Back