Getting tapped at your new belt

It's so weird man... when I read your posts (in my head) I always hear it in Morgan Freeman's voice lol

Don't worry about it. Everyone has bad days. Maybe you were distracted due to the excitement of getting your purple belt the day before. It is all training and everyone gets caught.

As for me, I had one of the worst jiu jitsu days in memory yesterday. Before class, I received my second stripe on my purple belt. During class, we rolled six times. I was submitted by all six opponents - 3 purple belts and 3 blue belts. I was thinking to myself, "Crap, what the hell just happened?" I haven't been tapped out that many times during a class since I was a new white belt. After some reflection, I just chalked it up to a bad day and moved on. Tomorrow is another day.

Jeez, I've never seen this happen before at my gym...

Everybody gets caught... Befre being promoted to blue I would catch the purples often (not as often as they would catch me lol) but it happens

10,000 times baby!!! Get used to it friend!!!

Nah dude, any purple who gets tapped by a white has some serious outside issues beyond their belt (congrats, you're tapping geriatrics, weaklings, or the disabled), or they don't deserve their belt. Every purple I tapped as a white was either an older dude with a family, was still drunk from the night before, or literally disappeared and never returned after a couple of training sessions with that result. Also, I'm not saying older family men who have trouble with young blues don't deserve their purples--they totally deserve them. However, the blues shouldn't consider themselves anything special for what they did.

Nah dude, any purple who gets tapped by a white has some serious outside issues beyond their belt (congrats, you're tapping geriatrics, weaklings, or the disabled), or they don't deserve their belt. Every purple I tapped as a white was either an older dude with a family, was still drunk from the night before, or literally disappeared and never returned after a couple of training sessions with that result. Also, I'm not saying older family men who have trouble with young blues don't deserve their purples--they totally deserve them. However, the blues shouldn't consider themselves anything special for what they did.

Who you callin old

images

Old dudes RULE!!

Helio's armbar demo on youtube is like watching something out of Jim Henson's studios.

It is both terrifying and awesome.

Back