Getting sick and tired of people saying "Barao had an off night"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by PSX, May 25, 2014.

1. PSX

PSX Purple Belt

No he didn't. TJ beat the best Barao, and would beat him again.

Go back and watch Barao's fights against Eddie Wineland and Michael MacDonald. Barao lost the early rounds in both fights. The only reason he was able to win was because he capitalized on Winelands lack of speed, and MacDonald gassed out in the late rounds. TJ didn't give Barao a chance to capitalize on mistakes because he didn't make any.

TJ won fair and square. He beat the best version of Barao.

2. Free_MMAson

Free_MMAson Banned Banned

I was about to post this same thing last night, but I was having an off night

3. Jermei

Jermei Steel Belt Platinum Member

Barao did the Barao thing and it didn't work. TJ did his TJ thing and it worked perfectly. Pretty rare to see game plans work and fail so well. The rematch should be closer but Renan didn't have an off night, he was just completely unprepared for what TJ was bringing to the fight.

4. BigDougieP

BigDougieP Yellow Belt

That depends how you define off.

I'm sure it wasn't one of his personal favorites.

5. Fists of Fire

Fists of Fire Silver Belt

he won didnt he?

[​IMG]

6. Emjay

Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

I'm getting "sick and tired" of all of the "cringe worthy" threads about people being "sick and tired" of things that are "cringe worthy"

7. hasar

hasar Yellow Card Yellow Card

Barao was lesser fighter.

8. Jukai

Jukai Silver Belt

I've heard very, very, very few people say this. Which means you're letting a dozen people piss you off. Grow thicker skin.

9. aModerateThreat

aModerateThreat Brown Belt

quick clickin

10. JT RIPPER

JT RIPPER Black Belt

I picked Barao to win but you can't take anything away from TJ. He simply and convincingly beat the man who showed up to fight against him...now looking forward to seeing what the UFC has planned for both men next

11. MRT

MRT Black Belt

sick and tired of it after what...half a day?

lol - lighten up, dude. it should be rather easy to dismiss the Shertards who can't accept that it was TJ's night to shine (as much as it pains me to say so, as I was hoping Barao's dominance would continue).

Now...if you demand credit where credit is due, then you are obligated to do the same, no?

If you don't want to hear qualifiers added to TJ's victory such as "Barao had an off night", then don't add qualifiers like "the only reason he was able to win..." when discussing Barao's past victories.

you can't have it both ways...

12. Chubatosaurio

Chubatosaurio Blue Belt

To be honest, I do think that fucking assault he put on Barao in the first round fucked up Barao beyond the point of no return. He didn't look the same after that. But here's the important thing, TJ landed that barrage on a still 100% healthy Barao. Therefore, Barao didn't have an off night. Instead, TJ MADE Barao have an off night.

13. The DanaWhite

The DanaWhite Pink Belt

Agreed. I knew he would do well. Styles make fights and thus showed why I believe if Cruz never got hurt baroa would never have won the belt. That feinting, high speed, style using variety of Strikes , angles , and movement while mixing in takedowns is the best style there is imo for Mma and dillashaw is the only other fighter than Cruz that I've seen that has the tools and physical gifts and mental game to be able to execute it.

14. The Komodo

The Komodo Blue Belt

Barao didn't have an off night, TJ just had a very, very on night.

15. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Steel Belt

What are you basing this "best version of Barao" on and how is saying that less retarded? He ate a huge punch in the first and probably doesn't even remember the rest of the fight so I don't know how you could say either way.

16. Szwok

Szwok Brown Belt

got it right!

17. Devout Pessimist

Devout Pessimist Catholic Retrograde

Barao didn't have an off night its just TJ Dillashaw absolutely dominated the fight.

18. JJ Tijuana

JJ Tijuana Green Belt

TJ looked fukking awesome but let's not pretend that was the best Barao we have ever seen. He looked slow even before TJ clipped him in the first.

It might have been TJ with his quickness and Monky style that threw Barao off but perhaps it also had something to do with Barao having an off night.

Fact is TJ never looked that good and Barao never looked that slow. How can you be sure TS?

A rematch would tell us more...

19. Kenji Tomiki

Kenji Tomiki Green Belt

Can you please pm a link to watch those fights?

20. Fight Gone Bad

Fight Gone Bad Brown Belt

TJ was on his game and believed in Bang Ludwig. He angled Barao to death. Barao was what they call in boxing to square and too straight so many times in this match it wasnt funny. Baraos habit of leading with his chin and dropping his hands caught up to him against a guy with speed and technique.

Jose Aldo is watching this tape and thinking more leg kick, better jab and more boxing if he knows whats up right about now of the 2nd gen of Alpha Male is going to make the first gen jelly.