Getting rid of misdemeanors

In my state, it never truly fully goes away. It may go away on some criminal background checks, but it's still there on the court records. They see that you had a misdemeanor and it was expunged. For places that actually search court records rather than just a criminal report, you'll see it. We've seen expunged records before and we honestly treated it the same way as if it wasn't expunged.
Yeah, I’ve heard that. Pisses me off. :mad:

This effects me in absolutely no way other than peace off mind, but it seems super lame and I want it off my record.

punch YOURSELF in the dick.

Perfect first step.

Then, anal rape yourself with a peeled cucumber.

Won't do anything about the record that doesn't bother you, but, obviously, you'll love it.
200w.webp

And Sherdog is just packed with legal experts.

Honestly, I think people telling someone to go see an attorney immediately are giving some of the worst advice that I see on Sherdog. People assume attorneys are needed for things that they can handle on their own with a little bit of advice. Furthermore, people see attorneys for things that can't be handled by an attorney.

A good example was from a recent thread was the TS just saw an attorney who only collects if he wins the case. The attorney came back and said "we can't do anything because the debtor doesn't have any money or assets". They declined the case. They are a business just like any other. They saw it was a decent chance that it may be hard to collect or take a long time, so they didn't take the case. That doesn't make what they said good advice - it's a good decision for THEIR business.

We just saw a bill for a drafting of a purchase agreement for over $800. Honestly, it was a standard purchase agreement with one small twist. This could have honestly been done for free.

Honestly, I think people telling someone to go see an attorney immediately are giving some of the worst advice that I see on Sherdog. People assume attorneys are needed for things that they can handle on their own with a little bit of advice. Furthermore, people see attorneys for things that can't be handled by an attorney.

A good example was from a recent thread was the TS just saw an attorney who only collects if he wins the case. The attorney came back and said "we can't do anything because the debtor doesn't have any money or assets". They declined the case. They are a business just like any other. They saw it was a decent chance that it may be hard to collect or take a long time, so they didn't take the case. That doesn't make what they said good advice - it's a good decision for THEIR business.

We just saw a bill for a drafting of a purchase agreement for over $800. Honestly, it was a standard purchase agreement with one small twist. This could have honestly been done for free.
I was more thinking he should just Google it rather than make a thread here. Posters here are either going to tell him to talk to an attorney or post a Google'd answer.

Those attorneys all work together with the courts on top of that. Fuck all that noise. Lol @ anyone believing those people can help them.

so he is educated enough to know this is the last place to come for professional advice on ANYTHING.
And Sherdog is just packed with legal experts.

Sherdog is packed with poor people who have probably had experience in this kind of thing.

I wouldn't go to a physicist and ask him how to get a misdemeanor taken off my record because he's probably never had one. I'd feel more comfortable asking some poor person who's already had it done before because at least they have experience with it.

Hell, it took me 5 tries just to spell misdemeanor. I have so little experience being poor that I can't even spell poor people words correctly.

Did a couple background checks in the last year, and it was pointed out that I apparently have a misdemeanor on my record that I got several years ago that I was completely unaware of. About 3 months after moving to a new state, I was pulled over and given a ticket for having an out of state license plate. Nothing was expired, but I was told I only had 30 days or something after moving to get a local license plate. Ok, whatever. Paid the $140 ticket, got my new plate, and went about my life. Well, apparently this was an M4, which seems completely ridiculous. This effects me in absolutely no way other than peace off mind, but it seems super lame and I want it off my record. How do I get rid of it? Do I have to find a lawyer in the state I was charged? Of course, I've found a lot online resource that want to charge anywhere from $500 to 1500 bucks to get it expunged or sealed, but that seems like a ripoff.

Lawyers are a ripoff but if you want it off your record, you have to play their game.

Back