Getting on a plane this afternoon and I'm terrified.

I know about the odds of a catastrophic problem and I know the statistics of the safety of air travel. But phobias are irrational. I'm shitting my guts out.

I've flown before, and the flight today is only an hour and change. But nothing makes it better.

If the worst happens, it's been fun. Ban someone in my honor.

My goal when I fly, and have a very long flight coming up soon. Is to land, if the plane crashes please be on land. I don't want to be in the ocean.

Did you make it? I’ve been checking CNN!
I did hear of 2 commercial plane crashes today, with total casualties of 374 persons (passengers and crew) and 4 dogs and a cat too, whose name was 'Fluff'.

Statistically I have high confidence that @Excelsior is still alive as there are approximately 115,000 takeoff-and-landings (commercial craft) per day and Excelsior's hour flight was only 1 of those, so that equates to a 1 out-of-115,,000 chance that Excelsior snuffed it today due to his flight impacting the ground.
(This is classified as low-risk of death, I checked)

Therefore I conclude our Sherbro Excelsior is alive and well, and probably a bit wobbly from the alcohol and sedatives he probably took per-flight, and he likely got a phone number too from the hot blonde air-hostess Staphanie with the short skirt (trust me, she is incredible in bed).

ps. I was kidding above about the 2 commercial plane crashes. That didn't happen, even though they were Boeing 737 Max aircraft.

pps. the bit about Stephanie is true.

Last edited:
being real honest

youre at your boys house getting boozy and sparked up. He passes out on the couch.
you go hit the head and catch a glimpse of this in his room.

you
A. take a photo and shame him for it for life
B. Take it for a test ride
C. all of the above

Are you crazy??

You think he cleans that thing after every use?
Or every week?
Or every year?

Flight was bumpy, but not bad. I actually did and up right on the god damn wing, and I spent too much time looking for gremlins and loose bolts.

Now the real drinking begins.

I've never understood this fear, its the farthest thing from my mind when flying. I always get excited about going on planes, i even enjoy the bumpy ones with turbulence.

Only thing I don't like is all the shit u gotta go through in the airport.

I know about the odds of a catastrophic problem and I know the statistics of the safety of air travel. But phobias are irrational. I'm shitting my guts out.

I've flown before, and the flight today is only an hour and change. But nothing makes it better.

If the worst happens, it's been fun. Ban someone in my honor.
The Pilot and crew want to get home to their families just like you do. You really think they'd do this every day if they thought they were gonna die? Don't worry about it. The more you fly the less it will bother you. Remember it's the smoke that kills you, not the impact. If the worst happens JUMP up in the air just before it hits the ground. Then simply plug your nose and walk away.

<Fedor23>

Seriously though... Got any Percocet? Cut one into quads and then put em in your pocket and take as needed. ;)

Youll get over it. Just dont panic when it turns after takeoff. Its just pointing itself to your destination.

Even little kids dont care.

Your plane is gonna crash into the ocean but you will survive it. You will hold onto the wrecks. Then a huge orca will swim by and eat you piece by piece. Slowly.

Flight was bumpy, but not bad. I actually did and up right on the god damn wing, and I spent too much time looking for gremlins and loose bolts.

Now the real drinking begins.
It ALMOST sounds like you kinda (a bit) sort of (tiny amount) enjoyed it.

Metal tubes soaring skywards are a modern marvel, in the chronology of mankind, they are still Nascent.

Rejoice in the true freedom of skimming thru the vast open skies of our blue-and-white cosmic marble!

Shit he survived. So consider the orca eating you on the flight back when you crash.

It ALMOST sounds like you kinda (a bit) sort of (tiny amount) enjoyed it.

Metal tubes soaring skywards are a modern marvel, in the chronology of mankind, they are still Nascent.

Rejoice in the true freedom of skimming thru the vast open skies of our blue-and-white cosmic marble!

Oh hell no. I didn't take a full breath until I got off the plane.

Back